Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Club Phantom
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an auto gtp and couldn't be happier. However, if I accelerate from the lights like I have a copper behind me (nice and slow like) I notice a knock as it moves into top gear. I imagine it is diff lash or a driveline shunt. It's not too dislike the knock that was evident in the early AU XR8's. Is it a "feature" that everybody's got? I know you're all going to tell me to ignore the mirror and the tickets and drive it hard. Just wondering ....

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
There were some issues with a couple of them,mines ok never had a problem.Tell me about your GT what color mods and what State your from?
Cheers John

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is a common problem with the centre locating bolt on the rear of the diff centre comming loose, another one of fords great designs. It only takes two seconds to tighten back up again on the hoist as ive lost count the amount of times ive had to retorque mine and a few of my customers. and yes ive tried locktight but to no avale

Elmer Fudd

·
Club Phantom
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTP 320 said:
There were some issues with a couple of them,mines ok never had a problem.Tell me about your GT what color mods and what State your from?
Cheers John
Thanks john, sounds like I'll be having a chat with my FPV dealer when it comes up to 3000k's. I'm a lucky Banana Bender, phantom with orange stripes, leather, #292. No engine mods and none really planned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts