Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ppl, my NC should have a 3.27 LSD diff in it but it certainly doesn't act like it, I think it may be worn out and not acting like a LSD anymore. Anyway I am going to do a manual conversion on it in the future prolly a T5 because a Tremec is out of my budget.

Just wondering since it looks like I need a new dif centre anyway what ratio would go well with the T5.

If I were going to keep the 4spd auto I would go with a 3.45 for that little bit more go off the line.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
3.45 for a later V8 T5, or 3.27 would be alright with an EBGT Ratio box.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have no advice on what you should go for, but my NC was meant to be the same, I had the diff apart and it was no LSD. At the time I though the pervious owner may have swapped it for some reason.

I'm looking for 3.45 for it when the funds are there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah i am not sure because i haven't had a good look at mine yet... but it might be the same.

3.45 sounds like the go.... not much chance of getting a GT box

what sort of RPm would I be doing in 5th at 100klmh with a late model T5 and a 3.45 diff? Does anybody have an idea.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
I recently put a 5 speed behing my EB 5.0. The origonal 3.27 diff was in good nick but it made for slow launches with the 2.95 first gear ratio. I scored and got a 3.45 diff with the tightest LSD I've ever come across for $400

WTB56: what are the gear ratios in the EB GT manual box?

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Also, I am doing around 2100rpm at 100. It's enough but any more and it would be revving too much for my comfort. When I did the conversion the decrease in fuel consumption was huge. City driving is WAY more economical and there was a slight decrease on the highway.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
ill soon be getting my 3.27 rebuilt with a 3.45 center i scored cheap off a mate.

and i cant wait because i had to change it over to a 3.08 non LSD when the 3.27 packed it in :(
god my car is a slug at the momunt

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent ideas... Whooa, my 5spd V8 Fairlane should be interesting... will be like a totally different car. Can't wait to get the cash together.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The EB GT box has a 3.27 (similar to XR6)first gear, to help the launch with the slightly taller diff. It has a taller third than the I6 box, however. Availability on these is not a huge problem, they are no dearer to build than a std V8 box.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
That's interesting because I find the takeoff's a little bit slow with the 2.95:1 gear. Although I guess 60ft times would be affected if it was too short and had to make a gear change in that space.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts