Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If some one is talking abdout a 8 & 3/4 inch falcon diff is that a B/W diff and not the tougher 8"inch diff.
Its comeing out of a Southaffrican fairmont (xw) with a 4sp and 250 2/v
I am going to have a look at it but I want to know what I would be looking for (I know what a B/W diff looks like as I have one already). Apparently is a bit special this one with a fair bit of GT stuff on it and the bloke reckons that its a 3.55 lsd? dose it sound to good to be true? As I dont have to much knowladge of southafrican falcons. any info would help.

·
Hanging Around
1,209 Posts
I do know 8 3/4" came out on '55 ford customlines and onwards, They are similar to a 9" but slightly smaller. The centre is also removable same as a 9", not like the BW diffs. I dont know if any 9" parts are interchangeable, I do know that when I broke the spiders on the cusso diff, my diff guy managed to get some replacement spiders, but I had to have the pin that they run on machined up as there wasnt anything readily available.

You may be able to find more info by a google search of the net, i think 8 3/4's might be quite common in the us as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts