Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ex chaser version of the ef falcon, is the diff ratio different from a stock gli/futura or same as a xr or whats the deal?

I know the Tickford Fairlane has a shorter Ratio then the XR for faster acceleration.

Quote>
"Acceleration is enhanced by fitting the XR8's lower gear ratio 3.45:1 limited slip differential in lieu of the standard 3.23."

Has anyone done anything to theirs? And what can you do other then adaptive shift? .. I know you can get a brass clutch for an Auto etc.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
There should be a metal tag on the diff housing near the filler plug and it will say what the ratio is.

Stock they had 3.08:1. (EF-AU 6cyl Autos)

·
Registered
170 Posts
The standard diff for an EF is the 3.08. I have changed my diff in an EF futura to a LSD 3.73. You also need to install an electronic correction box in the dash to show the correct odo readings as the computer takes it reading for the dash.

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
If you don't mind me asking how much did the diff changeover set you back? I am doing a few things to my AU and an LSD would be nice.

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
TheBow said:
If you don't mind me asking how much did the diff changeover set you back? I am doing a few things to my AU and an LSD would be nice.
If you have an AUII XR8 then you already have a 3.45 ratio LSD

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
?

blown ef>

how much did it cost you to get that done and where from?
And also hows the performance from it? Notice differencec much or?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got my brother to do it. He works at Diff Tech at San Soucsi. Sorry I can't remember exactly how much. It was between $300 - $600. This was a brand new gear set not a 2nh hand job.

Acceleration of the mark is better but alot harder to control when both wheels are spinning the car drifts with the camber of the road.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently got a quote to change the diff ratio on my EF XR8. It was $650 using a new gear set + $88 to correct the speedo.

I'm also interested to find out how much difference a gear change makes to acceleration, drivability and fuel economy from those that have done it. Also, what ratio do you think is the best for general street use for a V8 auto. From what I have read so far 3.73 sounds the go.

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Not long before I upgraded to the AUII XR6 I put a new 3.45:1 Diff in my ED Futura. Those quotes you fellas are throwing around are great because it cost be near on $1,000 to have brand new Borg Warner Gears installed. If its an auto you will need to have an electronic recalibrator installed behind your dash to adjust the speedo and odometer. Mine ended up being out around 15 - 18 kmph at 100 k's. Near on $ 200 for this little job.

Be careful because the Diff boys love fitting old Skyline gears instead of Borg Warner or Ford Genuine.

Nipper...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts