Ford Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
96 EF Futura
2,494 Posts
Can time delay be easily fitted to the interior lights of an EA? I've always wanted a car with it....hehe

·
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.
643 Posts
Yes and no

I stand corrected.Yep you are right partsguy.The A/C was an option, what I should of said was that S pac was factory fit and GL was dealer where as EB onwards was an option but the Factory fitted it.

There is an AU which doesn't have standard A/C, the ute.This has been the story up until and including the BA Falcon.

More adds.

Cya Lukey.

QLD REP 4 EA-ED club.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
A/C was a dealer or factory fit option on GL's & 's' right through....It was the dealers choice whether they wanted it factory fitted or not. Unfortunately it often ended up with the vehicle being fitted with 'less than' (aftermarket) quality systems...speaking from personal experience :-(

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have a '88 Wheels magazine ad for the EA S Pack Falcon. I will find it and either scan it or type up what is written on it.

I know that Police Pack EAII GLs came with high series interior lighting (map lights for front and rear passengers), a clock, interior grab handles and lower ride height.

So far we know the extra features on the S-Pack are :

*Factory A/C setup
*Trims on doors (benefit over EAI GL)
*20mm lower ride height
*Different trimming
*Upgraded Instruments
*'Snowflake' mag wheels
*High series exterior door trims with red striping
*Colour coded bumpers

And I may have missed some stuff.

Sundeep

·
Oxford Green AU
1,281 Posts
SiX_iN_a_RoW said:
Can time delay be easily fitted to the interior lights of an EA? I've always wanted a car with it....hehe
Can be easily done with the addition of a simple t = r x c (time constant (tau) = resistor value x capacitor value)

Not hard to make yourself but even easier as Jack_Travis said, to go to Jaycar or Dick smith and buy one

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Oh we've all missed one feature, the small extension on the front bumper =)

Sundeep

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why is it that people seem to forget the plain Fairmont model..

It seems that to people there is only the following models, GL, Spac, Fairmont Ghia, Fairlane, LTD..

I've read in different reviews that the best model to purchase in the EA range, is either the Fairmont or the Spac. This is due to the aesthetic upgrades being on par with the Fairmont Ghia, but they don't include most of the electic options that came with the Ghia. Considering the EA is now around 12-13 years old, extra electrics could more of a pain in the arse than a luxury..

If I was purchasing an EA, i'd definately go for MPFI manual SPac, and replace the red stripping, colour code the side mirrors and door handles and chuck some decent mags on it. Also a easier breathing exhaust wouldn't go astray..

Then you'll have yourself a nice base to start modifying your car..

Dave

·
Full Noize
21 Posts
The S has a few bubtle differences. The suspension for a start 15mm lower than a GL. The rear facia is black over grey and looks a lot better that the facia on the GL. Red trim around the seats and full instrument dash takes away the taxi look of the GL and adds appeal. Also the EA-S has a different diff ratio it is 3.23 on the auto this is not found in the auto GL

·
1,386 Posts
AUForte said:
Can be easily done with the addition of a simple t = r x c (time constant (tau) = resistor value x capacitor value)

Not hard to make yourself but even easier as Jack_Travis said, to go to Jaycar or Dick smith and buy one
This doesn't mean you can simply get a resistor and capacitor to make your time delay. You'll need extra circuitry otherwise there won't be enough current to drive the light.

I'm actually trying to make my own. If i end up getting it to work, then ill let you all know.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I didn't know that the Spacs came with a 3.23 diff standard.. Hmmm... Is that 3.23 LSD??

I've got a plain Fairmont, with a 3speed. What kind of diff do I have? I've always thought I had a 2.77...

Dave

·
Ford, for the real driver
23 Posts
I have the poverty pack EA Wagon, had 2 speaker stereo as standard, Hanbook shows 4 speaker as option, air con was option but mine is factory fitted, it doesnt have a console lid, as for the side mouldings mine have a red stripe to match the paint but dont know if it is factory, all though I would say it was as this is an ex fleet car, they dont usually mod their cars :) . It doesnt have interior grab handles, as for the clock it didnt have a dah fitted one but the stock radio has a digital clock installed so mote point, I think thats about it, I have the CFI but MPI was definately an option as listed in the owners handbook

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
19 Participants
Hidden_Soul
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing