Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
in theory,its theoretical
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded up from my GLi with 240,000 to the Fairmont Ghia 140k. I noticed that the Ghia seems alot quicker off the line than the GLi but it also rev's slighty higher at 100kmh. The gli was around 1800rpm, the ghia just under 2k. i know the ghia has the xr6 engine instead of the stocko 6, but does it take on different diff ratio's or any thing else? just wondering is all.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Probably would have a 3.45 lsd in the ghia, and a 3.27 or 3.08 open wheeler in the gli, also the el ghia will have speed sensitive steering, climate, abs power everything the the gli doesnt get.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just what i was thinking. lol

·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, thats it ;)...................

na made right turn onto a mainroad and had to put the foot down, was alittle wet, had be quick to catch it though....

·
Registered
847 Posts
hahahaha whoops, hope you didnt cause a change of undies moment to fellow motorists and pedestrians.

Also it should have, someone will correct me if im wrong, Speed Sensitive Intermittant wipers.

·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean the wiper speed is dependent or current kmh? hmmmm, not sure about this one, just know its truly a beautiful car to drive. and the leather interior, nice indeed. Im just about to put some chrome 18" amg quakes on it.
same wheels as car below cept chrome.

http://www.kudoskrew.com/files/208143_71_full.jpg

ill post some pics when its on

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Rollin’s car appears again :thup: I can’t wait to see what it will look like with 18” chromes on it! The speed sensitive intermittent wiper feature is very handy! There are lots of little cool features on the Ghia.
Check this out for specs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts