Ford Forums banner

Which sticker? Tickford, FPV/FPR or neither?

• Tickford

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • FPV/FPR

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, my guess is that the bulk of people on these forums have a pre-FPV vehicle, so the dilemma is that when someone wants to put a sticker on their rear windows, it'd usually be one of the three.

But, what does one do? Place a Tickford because they were around in that cars era or FPV/FPR because we are in the new Ford era?

I myself would like to put a sticker on my rear window but am undecided whether to put a Tickford or FPR one. Tickford to represent the era of my ED or FPR to represent the Ford racing community?

What is your idea on this issue?

Peter

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
Thats a tough one, I for one was a bit disapointed in the name change. I believe the name Tickford symbolised fast Fords. I understand the need for a name change, but does it devalue the Tickford name and the cars bearing that name. I for one would only run a Tickford sticker on my car, being a Tickford built vehicle.

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, I was thinking the same thing considering FPV is remotely near my car! FPV for me totally out of the question but FPR has an exception because it's a racing team, not part of the manufacturing aspect as such.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I'd stick with Tickford.

FPV on say, an EB XR8, just seems wrong. In a way it's like putting Tickford badging on a GTHO Phase 3.

[EDIT] Wait a sec, are you talking about non-tickford worked cars? Hmmmm undecided, personally I'd put a Tickford sticker on it. [/EDIT]

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
EDspaniard said:
I myself would like to put a sticker on my rear window but am undecided whether to put a Tickford or FPR one. Tickford to represent the era of my ED or FPR to represent the Ford racing community?

What is your idea on this issue?
Sorry to put you in this boat, but whats the difference between you putting a Tickford Sticker on your ED Fairmont, versus a Honda Civic putting an Type R/Mugen sticker on it.

I'm not saying its a bad thing - its great to show what side you are on :)

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
I know what you are saying Ian about showing what side you are on
but a Type R?Mugen sticker on a Honda Civic is Rice, right?
we arnt Rice.
Personally i dont like stickers on my car, its compleatly devoid, only original badging

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Dilemma: Tickford, FPV or FPR?

ianmcginley said:
Sorry to put you in this boat, but whats the difference between you putting a Tickford Sticker on your ED Fairmont, versus a Honda Civic putting an Type R/Mugen sticker on it.

I'm not saying its a bad thing - its great to show what side you are on :)
I'm only trying to show my support for a product. Not that I was going to put badges and what not on there but I felt that a sticker was good enough whether or not my car is Tickford or not.

I just kept arguing with myself whether to move to this era or stick with my car's era.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Dilemma: Tickford, FPV or FPR?

EDspaniard said:
I'm only trying to show my support for a product. Not that I was going to put badges and what not on there but I felt that a sticker was good enough whether or not my car is Tickford or not.

I just kept arguing with myself whether to move to this era or stick with my car's era.
Go the tickford wings :)

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, go Tickford wings but pity they had to go due to the take over.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I keep a Ford cap, and an FPR cap on the back parcel shelf.

That way it's relatively easy to change. Also, surprisingly they can be functional, who'd a thunk it!!

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Ford sticker :D

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
Sweet ride - though you really should white out your license plates

·
On The Edge Of Adhesion
725 Posts
EFFalcon said:
Ford sticker :D
Agreed. I used to have a Ford sticker on my windsceen, until I had to replace the windscreen:dead: . Also got my FF sticker on the back window.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
16 Participants
galaxy xr8
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing