Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The panel vents and Ford emblem piece on the steering wheel are all beginning to take on a greenish tint. Looks like these pieces are fading from the grey they're supposed to be. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how I can prevent it from getting worse? Thanks

O

·
0 Posts
Move to Canada, less sun damage...LOL! :) Seriously, maybe you could buy one of those reflective sun shades for the windshield. They are covered with a tin foil like material and help keep harmful rays out of the car. Also look into some vinyl protectants. I'm sure some of them offer UV protection.

·
0 Posts
Protectant

They have stuff called Formula 2001 Vinyl Protectant, it advertises an ingredient that is called "Sun Stop" it supposedly blocks uv rays on anything you apply it to. Its in a big green bottle.

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

THanks fellas for the tips. I already got the "tin foil" type sunshield for the windshield and all the windows are tinted dark so it's not really bright in the car. Sun hits it really only while I drive. I didn't know about that Formula 2001 UV protectant though.....will definetely give it a shot! Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts