Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you work for a 'Ford Preferred Supplier' company you now get a paltry 21% off any new Ford :thumbup: :cool: :wink2: ;) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now, doing my calculations that lets me buy my new XR8 now, AND get a visit to Herrod for what I'd pay normally anyhow. Or a blower from CAPA :mmm: If that isn't a damn fine idea, I haven't ever seen one......

Now, if only my company was one of them :(
(How many airlines would qualify for that one?)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Be nice if that deal applied to "Ford preferred customers"... mind you resale would suck if they were sold at 21% discount!!... ;)

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resale wouldn't suck if you were the one buying at 21% off. I think Ford are smart doing this since it rewards people for doing a good job for them, yet doesn't erode the general sales values.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno..... If I knew I'd try to weasel onto it though! Maybe one of the insiders could tell us?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I like your little 'tag' there pete... Could be appropriate for all members I think!!... :D :thumbup:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Just a tip

If your buying a new xr and want herrod to modify it, buy it through Herrod.

Sounds stupid but its makes sence really, He must have contacts!!!!!!!!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am thinking Mr.Herrod doesn't get 21% off though....

After seeing Motor, I'm not so sure Herrod is the go. $15000 for what??????????? I know they say they reset the rev limit, but I want to see facts now.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Has anyone out there got a rough price list of what Herrod can do to spice up the Falcon??... :confused:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Aussie Pete.

What do you drive?

Have you ever modified a car and have it fail on you?

Have you established what mods are available to your vehicle.?

Is a rev limiter a good thing or bad??

I've put my money where my mouth is and made close to $40k in mods and am more than happy with the engine limitations and the amount of power it produces.

I have also spent $70k on an eb over the course of 3 years with **** components, A DEAD HEAD MECHANIC, and now that eb dead the XR is alive!!!

Go Figure who I Trust..

If your chasing 21% discount from a car yard you might as well buy everycar in the yard and resell them yourself at a profit!!!

The discount i received off RRP was between 10% and 30%.

I tried for months just to get a Grand off the price with other dealers

:)

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Laminge - at present I have a Volvo 850R manual. It IS modified, but only slightly.

I spent many years modifying cars especially for circuit racing. The best was a VL Turbo built for circuit racing that, like you point out, had mods far exceeding its value. Back then noone was doing up VLs and most parts were custom made like pistons, intercoolers etc. That remains the fastest car I have ever owned and won against big number V8s at Canberra's 1/8th mile strip. The real indication was the terminal speed over the 1/8th mile which was much higher than the other cars (ie. 1/4 mile time would have been even better). The car even had chassis changes which many people are doing now to these cars. It s**t itself all the time so I assure you I know the tow truck thing too well.

I respect people telling me to put my money where my mouth is. However, at present it seems not to make sense given what I could spend at Herrod will probably be standard later this year. There's a difference between passion and wasting good money.

I've seen the photos of your car - it looks awesome and I've said that before. I had similar experiences with money hungry mechanics and to be honest I steer clear now. I only go where the rep and honesty is proven.

Finally, a rev limiter is good, only it needs to let the engine do its thing. We need to see a retest of the Herrod package with the new rev limit....

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Aussie Pete

Sorry mate I really should have read what i typed before posting it, I wasnt having a dig, more so I wanted to stress how easy it is to be caught out by rouge mechanics with push a simple block to the max.

My choice is obvious as i can basically drop the car off at any time and get "stuff" done ahead of anyone else!

You wont find that too often, also I wanted to stress that what Herrod does he fixes and doesnt lead you on wild goose chase like many other mechanics I have delt with.

Thats not to say there are many more guys out there who also do quality work with other components, but hey, I've used Herrod in the past and am happy with the work on NEW cars.

I dont think I could buy a new car from Ford and not Modify it, unless of course its the 300+

In crapping on I gotta say i would not take a 2nd hand car to herrod unless it was a complete rebuild!

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
The 21% discount is only on the Falcon range including XR's. There are discounts on all the Ford Australia range but they vary. Ford preferred suppliers and their immediate families are eligible for the discount.

Stop emailing me with adoption requests! :wink2:

:cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
People looking at making savings on new cars should consider run out models. Up to 13k on VT2 HSV could be had when the VX came out and to be honest there is not much difference between the two models. If the XR gets 220kw a huge saving could be had when the Av gets here.:cool:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
Stop emailing me with adoption requests! :wink2: :cool:
Jeez, you didn't even give us a chance!!... :p Laminge beat me to it so how about 2 slaves!!... :mmm: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
9 Participants
Aussie Pete
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing