Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great review great pics
quote...

DJR insiders quietly admit 320kws is a reasonably conservativee recording of the v8's capabilities

the whole review is positive, they love the handling, engine and brakes :AAHHH:

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Yeah that's what I really want to see, what times she cranks out.

Good to see they liked it...but seriously, who wouldn't like those monster brakes!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no times quoted but with the figures quoted it should do high 13s i reckon

looks really horn.!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Looks to be an impressive package. Should have monster grip with those wheels. Would be a great weapon for a track day me thinks..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mmmmmmmmm traaaaackkkk ddddaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!

aaaararrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh drool

i keep lookin at the brakes... the missus thinks im cheatin on er!

·
Registered
76 Posts
i dont now how wheels can do a review on a car like thaT And not put it through the stop watch test.
Probably just have to wait for motor mags test review. Motor mags just keep stocking up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
tx3dude said:
no times quoted but with the figures quoted it should do high 13s i reckon

looks really horn.!

Figures look good but but did it say anything about the weight??? I think thats the killer for good times. WE NEED 6 SPEED GEAR BOX.

Bigger brakes, bigger wheels thats more weight already i think.

I think the weight has been avoided for a reason. for good or bad i dont know . but Love to see a surprise weight loss.

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
I dunno if Wheels would be allowed to publish times just yet. I would say they did the test but they might reveal it soon as a 'suprise' as Ford's way of saying be bloody patient.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
yeh i saw the mag in the store today, looks like a good article

but i really wanna see some figures!!! and i wanna see one of the gearboxes after 50,000 kays...

car looks like a weapon though

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
It's not really a DJR. I mean he had some bloke build it and he put DJR all over it. Sure it's nice to have a N/A falcon that has 320 but it looks like a XR/GT that went to Thomastown.

I'd rather spend $70,00 (or whatever) on a GT-P and supercharge it. More power less money and not built for me with my name!!

FPV need to do something. Eg.
GT = 290
GTP = 320 (at least)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
LTDHO said:
FPV need to do something. Eg.
GT = 290
GTP = 320 (at least)
That was the original plan with P = Performance not Premium. Only the engineers couldn't get the 320 engine "smooth enough". Until now....

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
The front cover of the Wheels magazine screamed 320kw DJR GT - but's it's "only" an XR8. Apart from that, it was a good read, but I think you would be better off s/c an XT V8 for half the price.

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
$90,000 seems pretty damn steep, if it's based off an XR8. You sure it's not a typo and it is based off the GT?

As a comparison...
GT-P $75,000
Upgraded suspension: $2000
19" Wheel package: $6000???
Blower: $10,000
Exhaust: $3000
Minus the rear wing: $200 (for the SS - Sparkles Special :s4 )
Total: $96,000 odd bucks.

400+kw looker, for not much more mulah.

On the other hand, if you want a fairly rare n/a BA bullet with a side of DJR/Herrod special sauce and assuming it is based off a GT, then I'd be pretty happy with the DJR offer, minus the cup for the bonnet. :angel: (Is the bonnet cup there just in case a GTS can still kick it in the bulge?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts