Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radisich and Jnr Johnson will be making an appearance at Autobarn , 493 Ballarat Road, Sunshine, on Friday 13th July 5:00pm - 6:30pm if anyones interested.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgghhhhhhhh - why am I always working.

I only work half the year (4 on/4 off) but it's the farkin half of the year that everything happens.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
It's not bad - can be stressful but generally good.

I work Line maintenance in Melbourne so look after aircraft as they transit ( Qantaslink - i.e. Southern, Sunstate, Airlink, Eastern but not Impulse).

Meet aircraft, kick tyres, gas 'em up and push them out. Then back to the sofa in the office to watch ESPN :D

Work 4 11 hour days then 4 day off.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Brendan said:

Aircraft Engineer for Southern (or QantasLink as were are apparently known now)
Been there done that - for 12+ years.

Now I buy, lease and sell aircraft (including for Southern). Drop me a line Brendan if you have Lotus notes - PAS09. I will then convert you to Ford!

We can talk about BAe 146s and white powdered aluminum too......

·
86 Posts
Actually guys(and girls) we have all the Ford teams,drivers and transporters lined up in the carpark behind plant 2 from 11.00 AM till 1.00 PM tomorrow(Thursday).Its for employees but I'm sure we wont be too harsh on any fordforums readers who turn up for a look.I wouldn't want it open to all but you guys are part of the family.Any issues tell them to call me,but I will be over there myself for an hour or so around 12.00.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
HSE2 said:
Is that a shift roster Brendan, like two night and then two day?
No night shifts for us - woo hoo

Work 4 in a row of either 0545-1645, 0730-0630 or 1015-2115. They rotate.

Aussie Pete - I'm not important enough to have a Lotus address, even though I'm a Kiwi. However can you get us some new Dash 8's tomorrow, ours are a bit old. And as far as white aluminium and 146's - I was a heavy maintenance lead hand for Ansett New Zealand, they were some rusty buckets of crap.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
...you guys are part of the family.
Cool!! I love this guy fair dinkum!! :D

Geoff Polites said:
.Any issues tell them to call me,but I will be over there myself for an hour or so around 12.00.
Imagine the look on security's face when you say.. "Just give Geoff a call mate.. I'm here on his invitation"..

This one's for you laminge for sure.. :D

·
86 Posts
Thinking about what I entered before I left work,I incorrectly said the trucks and teams would be at Ford tomorrow(Thursday).Thursday is the correct day,not tomorrow.Sorry.Old age is catching up.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
Thinking about what I entered before I left work,I incorrectly said the trucks and teams would be at Ford tomorrow(Thursday).Thursday is the correct day,not tomorrow.Sorry.Old age is catching up.
Don't worry Geoff, I dont think anyone here would think any less of you for getting the day's mixed up. I'm the same most of the time. ;) I'm also honoured by the invite. thankyou. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get there,(work n all). Can you say what the occasion is, with this little get together.Photo shoot?
Russell.:cool:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
On another issue Geoff I see that you are a Swans supporter and do some work on the bench occasionally, any chance of getting you over to the Bombers. Surely this would be benfictial in getting Ford back to the Number 1 spot just like the mighty Dons.
OK I doubt it would change the sales for Ford but atleast you wouldn't be annoyed every Monday morning after a loss.:D

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Essendon fan are like Holdens fans, theyre bandwagon supporters only. I remember 2 years ago when everyone was in love with the Kangaroos formerly known as North Melbourne. Geoff all ive gotta say to you is go for the mighty Catters!! (Geelong Football Club). Remember Ford Australia's sponsored GFC for coming on 76 years now which A milestone in any mans language, and as Far as I know Is a world record for the longest major sponsorship of a Sports club in the world. Geoff june sales indicate that The Falcon is still selling more than the commodore in Geelong which shows that the sponsorship is still paying dividends.
As for you Adam W, well we'll jsut have to wait till this Sunday round 15 Essendon V Geelong and that'll seperate the boys from the men. Remember We beat the Fagpies (Collingwood) by 18 points and yous only beat then by 7?? or something like that in the anzac clash so Theoretically we should beat you by 11 points :D :D :D

·
86 Posts
I have told Frank Costa( the president of Geelong) that the sponsorhip will go on forever as far as I am concerned,just as long as he doesn't invite me to the football.As a life member of the Swans the chances of me switching to Geelong,Essendon or anyone else are zero.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Cobra said:
Remember we beat the Fagpies (Collingwood) by 18 points
Hmmm... so you want it to be like that then... Lucky win.. that's all.. ;)
It's ok Geoff.. we understand that nobody's perfect.. if only you followed the pies you'd be damn close to it!!.. ;) :D

·
7,777 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
Actually guys(and girls) we have all the Ford teams,drivers and transporters lined up in the carpark behind plant 2 from 11.00 AM till 1.00 PM tomorrow(Thursday)......
Cough, cough, splutter, clear throat, "Boss, I'm not feeling to good. May not be in tomorrow.... ;) "

"Qantas reservations? Yes I'd like to book a ticket......."
"Hertz Club Gold? I'd like to reserve a Ford vehicle for...."

·
7,777 Posts
Brendan said:
Aussie Pete - .....can you get us some new Dash 8's tomorrow, ours are a bit old. And as far as white aluminium and 146's - I was a heavy maintenance lead hand for Ansett New Zealand, they were some rusty buckets of crap.
A new Dash 8 is on the way for October as of this week. But it's not for you guys!
With the 146s, don't you work them too? If so, I was talking wing spars which you could probably identify with????

1 - 20 of 27 Posts