Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pual Radisich and Steven Johnson won the redflagged QLD 500 due to the fact that a red flag takes the race back to the previously completed lap. When the race was declared the rat was beached in a sandtrap! This worked against Johnson at bathurst in the past and worked for him this time!

It was an amazing action packed event which had viewers excited up till the end of the race!

Look at the live updates thread in the pits section to see my crude updates from during the race!

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
hey guys im back hahaha. dunno where the hell ive been, but im back from where ever it was...
yeah what an action packed race!! definately one of the best finishes to a race that ive seen in a while, very good stuff!! i was jumpin outta my chair and screaming at the tv!! hehe Now jnr johnson is 3rd in the points race only 200 behind the big nosed poof!! lets hope he can pull it off (the title race, not skaifes nose, although that would be pretty cool too) and give us ford fans what we've been craving for as long as i can just about remember!!!

·
X-TRAIL 4X4
469 Posts
Ford is Back

Ford is back bigger than ever, and I can't wait for Bathurst, this is the blue ovals year.

Welcome back Broomy

Also thankx DK for the updates.

Lowndes to win at Mt Panorama :D

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Yea i wanna see the RAT and Steven win Bathurst too!

I feel sorry for Lowndes though! Poor bloke didnt even get a drive!

And who was the geezer driving with Ambross??

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Bah!! - I've said all along that Avesco and the Stewards are biased towards Ford - how could you call what happened today a victory. Once again Holden is poised for a victory and poor little Ford bleats that it's to wet and out comes the red flag.
;)

G

·
0 Posts
Brendan said:
Bah!! - I've said all along that Avesco and the Stewards are biased towards Ford - how could you call what happened today a victory. Once again Holden is poised for a victory and poor little Ford bleats that it's to wet and out comes the red flag.
;)
Sore loser! :p :p

G

·
0 Posts
The last few minutes of the race was fun and I'm glad they red flagged it before the Rat lost it.
Bad luck Holden.. rules are rules. :D :D :D :D

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Yes it took nine years to get there luck back on that one.When Jimmy crashed the Nissan and [email protected] Bathurst

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Back for the real reply:

Top race, sad to see Lowndes/Crompton out so early (Gibson had a c**t of a day). Some very quick cars from both camps. Interesting to see what some of the guys can do when presented with Level 1 machinery (eg Longhurst/Mezera for Holden).

Bit of a aftertaste in the mouth with the result but them's the rules (cheating Ford barstards :D ). It has made the points a bit interesting though.

How was the performance of the young guys they made start - care to bet they were crapping themselves.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
it was indeed a great race. So are all you guys from NZ going to the NZ round? There is also rumour that they might have a round in amalasia or some other gooks country in a few years time. Would be good for the sport. and there wont be any more WA rounds next year, Doh!

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Hey Broomy, Junior is now only 108 points behind the BNP, I mean Skaife.

I can in all reality feel some understanding for the Holden punters with the Red Flag fiasco. We all felt pretty pissed ourselves when Bathurst 1992 was taken away from Big Dick.

But aside from repeating the obvious statements over and over again (and believe me, for every 'we were robbed' there'll be a 'what about '92' comeback), all I can do is sit here and feel smug.

It feels good to put it to rest after 9 years. Don't worry Holden dudes, in 9 years when you win a race from the side of the track, you'll feel just as smug as me.

Lukeyson

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Luke Plaizier said:
Hey Broomy, Junior is now only 108 points behind the BNP, I mean Skaife.
It's 208.

Scaife 2270
Bright 2166
Johnson 2062
Ingall 2008

I can in all reality feel some understanding for the Holden punters with the Red Flag fiasco. We all felt pretty pissed ourselves when Bathurst 1992 was taken away from Big Dick.
Little bit pissed off but at the end of the day sh*t happens - Larry and Russell were disappointed but thats the way it goes.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I nearly put a hole in the living room floor (it's a concrete slab under the carpet) when Rat spun from the track, but to be fair, the conditions were appalling and with other cars flying off the track all over the place, the red flag was warranted. If they had red flagged the event as soon as the heavy downpour began, the Rat/Johnson would still have won. Bit of poetic justice for Dick Johnson, as the same thing happened to him at Bathurst. Nice to see him get one back, even if he wasn't driving himself. Perhaps he can console Ingall/Perkins on how it feels to lose that way.

·
How bloody Hot is it ??!!
264 Posts
Larry and Russell were disappointed but thats the way it goes.
Kudos to Larry and the boys for the way they handled the whole situation. Now, if only more Holden drivers were as sporting..

AS for the Rat in the Sandtrap, how was the shorts on that bloke that ran out toshake his hand !! Biggest traders crack i ever saw !! Could have used it as a bike rack.....

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Chaps said:

how was the shorts on that bloke that ran out toshake his hand !! Biggest traders crack i ever saw !! Could have used it as a bike rack.....
Now that you brought it up - is hat a typical Ford fan or what? :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts