Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These test images just in of DK's New AMD athlon 1.2 Ghz CPU vs an Intel P4 1.5ghz machine...
DK's machine has been conservatively Overclocked to 1.4Ghz for these benchmarks ;) :D :D :D :D

As you can see from the above results the AMD even at a lower clockspeed than the Pentium IV outperforms it :D

T

·
0 Posts
I got AMD in mine as well, m/board and CPU.....never had a drama
good results though even at 1.5ghz. good stuff mate

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
DK,
I'm now running Celeron 800 with 512 meg of ram... also a 7200rpm hard drive... Farking virus I'll teach the bastar d....

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
DK I would'nt have the slightest about what you're going on about!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nipper said:
DK,
I'm now running Celeron 800 with 512 meg of ram... also a 7200rpm hard drive... Farking virus I'll teach the bastar d....
Hehe My "revised" (I ripped the CPU and Motherboard out last weekend and replaced them) PC is a 1.2 Gig B sepc athlon, currently clocking at 1.4 WITHOUT upping the voltage... (plenty more room to overclock I tells ya :D ) with 512mb ram a 30 gig HDD, A7V133-c motherboard (same as A7V 133 but without raid) coming later in the year is a Geforce 3 :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
DK I would'nt have the slightest about what you're going on about!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
Pritesh,

basically this is a dyno run of a computer. From looking at the bar graph is shows how lightening fast DK's computer is. Except this is clocked at the motherboard not at the r4ear wheels. :p :p

DK,

Bloody good mate, well you've convinced me AMD is the go over Intel. Just like a Windsor 302 plenty of mods, and you haven't even stroked the chip yet LOL. :nuts: :nuts:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EF_Falcon_GuY said:

Pritesh,

basically this is a dyno run of a computer. From looking at the bar graph is shows how lightening fast DK's computer is. Except this is clocked at the motherboard not at the r4ear wheels. :p :p

DK,

Bloody good mate, well you've convinced me AMD is the go over Intel. Just like a Windsor 302 plenty of mods, and you haven't even stroked the chip yet LOL. :nuts: :nuts:
Just wait till i stick a 62 cfm blower on it ;) :D

·
gone
10,402 Posts
DONUT KING said:

Just wait till i stick a 62 cfm blower on it ;) :D
Damm that was my punch line!

Well done mate!!!

I migh have to get you to build me a PC one of these days that will rival ians for a good 12 months!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
laminge said:

Damm that was my punch line!

Well done mate!!!

I migh have to get you to build me a PC one of these days that will rival ians for a good 12 months!
Well there's a 42 cfm blower on it now... I am debating whether to go for the 65 cfm to;
A) Make a helluva lot more NOISE and
B) Hopefully drop temps a bit further....

However, first the next stop is tryin to hit the CPU's maximum aircooled overclock 1.5 gig is the next step in my sights ;) :D

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
DK:

What sorta mobo u running? Chipset? what sorta ram, DDR?

whats the FSB set to? have you changed the multiplier or the Vcore?

i'm running an AMD K6-2 400 o/ced to 500, with a 4.5x110 mhz fsb & multiplier, and a 2.7 volt potential difference running through the chip.. hehe dont laugh, it smokes a 550 mhz celeron!

Well done though, gotta keep intel outside :)

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
133mhz SD Ram
ASUS A7V133-c Motherboard (KT133A chipset)
FSB 133
Multiplier 10.5x
Vcore is default :D (1.75V I think, not sure)

Next Stop, 1.5 Ghz

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
ooh ooh one more q!

what stepping is the chip? an AXIA, AVIA or something else??

only ask so many qs because I wanna do an Athlon box for myself :-D

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Or try the hottest Hardware site in australia.... and that is official...
http://www.overclockers.com.au

They also Havce a PC Database where people enter details about their system to help or give other people ideas....

Ian, I'll get back to you when I push this baby past 1.5 Ghz :D ;)

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
D.K fast computer....Games?!!I only got a old P!!!600B/aopen AX6bc pro/384Mb133/32DDR Geforce(1)/sblive,which cranks out games like Max Payne(good game!)very well with good frame rates(timedemo1 is around [email protected])does that sound about right?could it be better?Do I need better?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts