Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much deliberation and mind boggling maths. here is the final figures for the Pig.
For the cost of new rings bearings gaskets, different piston combinations, if we chose gas etc, etc the price was getting ridiculous. SOOOOOOOO here's the final project. have opted to stroke the 351 to 427, same weight give or take a couple or kilo. should make an easy 650 hp. maybe I'll enter the shell series. (lol).
Everythings on track for the October trip and hopefully, the pig will be ready to rock the Ford Plant. Anyone who wants to cruise with me in style let me know. Maybe we'll have some fun with a couple of HSV's.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
If the motor was 1 cubic inch larger you could have had yourself an Falcon XR8 428 Cobra Jet.
Before people tell me the Motor is not the same I am just basing it on the name from the 69 428 CJ Mussy.:bond:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Back then, the 427 was better than the 428 anyway :p

Sounds like itll be an awesome ride :D You'll also have to enter it in Summernats to show those Holden boys what Normally Aspirated power really is :cool::cool:

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Very cool are you serious ? Welcome to the superstroker club :nuts:

My engine should be in that time luckily maybe we should hookup :D

I have been through a small personal crisis diciding to go with a FI 410ci iron block setup but settled a couple of weeks ago for a low boost (or maybe NA) 436ci setup 4.1bore 4.125 stroke.

So lets see the specs

:cool:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
How much power do you want Strife? and by the way who has the quickest LS1 commodore over there (LS1.com).

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm serious in anything I do, as most guy's will know. just have to work out a diff ratio, that wont snap my neck when I leave the lights. all specs are blueprinted. BBF what was the diff ratio on CJ's.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
and traction...interested to see what you doing there and in the
cam department are you squeezing a solid roller setup in as well ?

What is the bore and stroke on your current setup ?

fast car1/4 with a slip on LS1.com is about 12.8 on the forum with NOS @ around 244 rwkw, the fastest commodore recorded on the forum so far has been a supercharged lumina in Dubai with a top speed of 302kmph:nuts:

There is a blown clubsport in melbourne being built with a 427 so I thought that the 436 would be more unique

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ah Doc, I take my hat off to you! This is a truly great thing to see happening. Erm, what exhaust setup did you have in mind to combat the evil, evil noise emission regs? :D

Can't wait to see this in the flesh! Good stuff mate. :thumbup: :thumbup: :nuts:

·
Administrator
5,109 Posts
Forgot to mention that was with 14inch rims or 15 inch Magnum 500's. Your rim tyre combo could make a difference.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Doc, what 351 block you going to use? The Sportsman 351 block is not a bad start. I reckon you'll need a 2.9:1 diff to stop you from frying the tyres. Why not go a 2 speed diff from a truck. One ratio for cruising, one for bruising.

·
Administrator
5,109 Posts
The XAGT Falcons ran 3.0:1 in the Manual and 2.75:1 in the auto.I had a manaul XAGT and the ratio was nice for the power.The engine was mildly worked but could fry up the tyres quite easily and had good high speed cruisin.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BBF I was thinking around 2:72:1 or there abouts. have to do some maths though. Especially with 16 inch rims.
For those that dont know, the engine is a 5.8W from a Ford heavy duty from the states.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mike, mike, mike, mate these things dont emit evil noise, they purrrr. (lol) looking at different mufflers at the moment, so have'nt made my mind up, one things for sure, it aint gunna be quiet.

·
Administrator
5,109 Posts
Doc i reckon it would be nice at 2.72:1. Cubes that big will shunt you off the mark nicely but you will have good high speed running and help with gas mileage.I like tall gearing in cars for that reason.Having said that my stang is sposed to have 3.91:1 gearing but someone had put in 3.5:1 and it still felt like it would bloody near wheelstand with good rubber.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
someone wanted some spec's so here's the basics. I'm not the mechanic so dont ask any questions. The engine is being built at my usual haunt, and performed by the usual relatives....okay...

displacement 427.65ci
bore & stroke 4.125 x 4.0
peak power [email protected]
peak torque [email protected]
comp ratio 15.2:1
con rod center to center 6.250
piston compression height 1.250
piston to cyl block height 0.0
head gasket compressed volume 9.5cc
combustion chamber vol 46cc
piston dome vol -6cc
main bearing clearance 0.0025-0.0030
rod bearing clearance 0.0027-0.0031
rod side clearance 0.015-0.018
crankshaft thrust clearance 0.005
piston to wall clearance 0.008
piston ring end gap top 0.024
second 0.016
camshaft secret
valve spring pressure 235lbs seat, 700lbs open

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
mike, mike, mike, mate these things dont emit evil noise, they purrrr. (lol) looking at different mufflers at the moment, so have'nt made my mind up, one things for sure, it aint gunna be quiet.
Aah, that's what I wanted to hear! :D Yeah, what I meant was that the regulations are evil, not the note!! ... but then again, by what you're saying, your beast should be sounding positively hellish!! :thumbup:

I got my car detailed by a local bloke up here who turned up in an ultra clean old F series with a 460 under the skirt. Oh man did that thing shake some windows when he wound it up! :D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts