Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat down and drafted a nice E-Mail to avesco, explaining how I was'nt happy etc with the way the officials handled the round 3 saga.

Also told them that my Company had been approached by our major sponsor and that the sponsor was considering withdrawing sponsorship for the 2002-2003 SCS season, and also looking at there contractual obligations for pulling out of this years Tooheys 1000. This would hurt my company rather hard, in terms of merchandising and meeting attendence etc.
After explaining the litigation and possible ramifications from other teams in light of last weekends affairs, I strongly suggested in business terms, to get there act together.
with the new season underway and avesco changing rules to suit themselves, plus making up rules as they went along, this was not good for public image. surely there must be basic training amongst officials etc.

we have just increased numbers through the gates etc as evident at eastern creek, now we may see a reversal due to the sad state of affairs that has just happened.

amen.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Well done. Last week I sent a similar email to Geoff Polites say a very simialr thing. Avesco are not looking after the interests of the companies involved nor the people that support racing.:) :thumbup:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Preach it Doc! I hear ya brother! Haaaaaalellujah! :D

It's just the swift kick to the happy sacks that AVESCO is in dire need of. Good stuff mate! :thumbup:

·
2,153 Posts
Apart from being peed off as to what happened on the track I just want to have a complaint about getting into friggen Easter Creek itself. Outside the main gate there was a several hundred meter line of people trying to get in and there was only one guy selling tickets! We queued for about an hour before and we got in just before race one.

I sat near the hairpin turn leading into the straight. One of the PA speakers started making a constant squelching noise. I think somebody finally had enough and pulled the plug. When race two started we had no commentary. When I saw Lowndes at around tenth I thought they reversed the grid.

Even if Ford won I was disappointed with the day. The view of the track was poor. Why were people allowed to park 4wds half way down the viewing area blocking peoples view?? I think I will need a fair bit of convincing to be back there next year.

One positive was, I enjoyed checking out all the Fords gathered at the start of the straight.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Thats a real shame you weren't able to enjoy the day more.:(
Guess the organisers have some work to do if they want people to return next year

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Until AVESCO spend more money on facilities I refuse to go and encourage them at all. No other sport would treat fans that way.

My worst experience was spending $350 each on tickets to Indycar on the day tickets were released only to find that when we got there I couldn't see more than 20m of track due to railings, scaffolding, TV camera, and corporate complex. I haven't been back there either! :fmad: :mad3: :fmad: :evil: :mad: :thumbdown

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Got to admit, there's nothing like a polite kick in the arse is there Doc... Good stuff fella... :D :thumbup:

Sounds pretty ordinary about the organisation of the day itself. Bummer you got stuffed around chris... :thumbdown :(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Until AVESCO spend more money on facilities I refuse to go and encourage them at all. No other sport would treat fans that way.

My worst experience was spending $350 each on tickets to Indycar on the day tickets were released only to find that when we got there I couldn't see more than 20m of track due to railings, scaffolding, TV camera, and corporate complex. I haven't been back there either! :fmad: :mad3: :fmad: :evil: :mad: :thumbdown
Unless things have changed Avesco's stand is that it is not up to them to cater to the comfort of the public:thumbdown

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
What are the facilities like at Eastern Creek? and who evers been there what is it like in general?

I'm asking this because I don't think you guy's would be impressed if you were attending the New Zealand round this year. :eek:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I stayed in N.Z for the holiday's. (longest two weeks of my life, jeeze the pain is coming back).
we visited rhuapuna raceway in christchurch.

no grandstand.
sat on the cold grass.
massive crowd of about 2500 turned up.
toilets were a good 5 minutes walk.
rewarmed hotdogs, raw in the middle.
dynamite would'nt have made this crowd applaud.

went to oamaru raceway.
a little dirt track.
400 people turned up. 200 thought it was bmx day.
not impressed.

as for eastern creek..well..
they have a grandstand, no good when it,s windy
food, if you call it that, plus it's expensive
toilets, go stand in line
parking, walk for miles
entry, as before stand in line

best race track in my opinion, my place...why...
simple there's a bar.
there's hot food.
projector to watch the race.
surround sound, you dont have to decipher what there saying.
if it rains you dont get wet.
you dont have to park and walk for miles.
toilets are 20 feet away.
best of all there's no holden wankers, pearler.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
There's a track about 20k's from were I live called Manfield, it's like the Ruapuna Raceway - dirt stands with 4x2 planks of wood for seating, grass foot rests with droppings from the sheep thats grazed there between meetings, food is fried in brakefluid and the cold drinks come from the local creek.
The only good thing is you can see the whole track from the stands (dirt piles).

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm laughing but not really.
Yeah that sheep **** thing is a buzz. Wondered what the hell I encountered when I saw that stuff.
We saw jim read race in his dragster at ruapuna, the bloody track was'nt long enough for the car. mind you this was in 1991. things may have changed, they were talking of extending the track back towards the prison.

Manfield I've never been to, never even been to the North Island. seen one you've seen them all, good tepuke thunder though. ha-ha

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
best race track in my opinion, my place...
Ah-men to that... Can see the whole track from my place... :D And that's every track in the world!!... :CraZ:

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Hey Doc you'll have to visit the North Island.There's more people than sheep up here i think .Probably by bugger all tho.They used to have Baypark raceway here in the Bay of Plenty that wasn't too bad until some bright spark chopped it up and put about 10,000 houses in bloody subdivisions and apartments and stuff.They are putting in a new one and i found out it will be some piddly little thing prob only any good for go karts.:mad: :mad:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BIGBLOCK
planning a trip in 2002, coming over to steal some vintage cars, etc and bring them back to where they belong (ha-ha). ther's a place called ardgown just south of timaru, loaded with cusso's fairlane's. got my eye on a ford bonus this time, need a pickup to complement my collection (1). may have time to cruise up north, if and when we leave aus and come over, time wise etc, I'll pop up and we'll thunda on. get my drift

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Guess we must be different down here. We didn't care if it took 3 hours to get out of the track or 30 minutes to go to the toilets or we had to stand up all day. We turned up because we knew if we didn't we would lose the round. It didn't help us any. I was part of the promo to get crowds to the last few years. 13000 people stood in conditions I have never seen before or since. The drivers raced the third leg in conditions that weren't safe because of the crowd support. They simply couldn't believe so many people would put up with what we did. I was a very proud Tasmanina that day. Avesco made the decision that we deserved better so they took the race away as thanks for our support.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
9 Participants
THE DOCTOR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing