Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'day guys!

About 6 weeks ago you will all remember I bought my Pride and Joy, A Manual 95 EF Futura. I remember one of you telling me to 'Let the mod bug Bite'...

6 Weeks on, and the mod bug symptoms are starting to show, I'm afraid it is going to take over and spread until shes no longer the falcon she was......

Shes no longer 3 metres high, and she no longer travels on 15" rims, preferring 17" ELGT's with 235/45/R17 Bridgestone Potenza hoops.

She makes a loud but sickeningly satisfying barking noise from her new chromed tailpipes (you can sort of see them, its the best photo I got of them), She no longer blends in with the crowd.... The mod bug means that I can not take her out anymore without being noticed.....

Anyways enough of my childish creative writing crap, I hope you like her!!
-XR6Child

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Looks very very nice. Now, about the mod bug, there is no cure, you will spend your life with no money and a permenant state of planning the next buy. "Just one more, then I'll stop". Yeah right, you are now the automotive equivelent of a crack whore.

Just remember, cars are great but make sure the priorities are in place. Then each mod will be a joy and a sense of pride.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
fantastic!
and so clean, if only my paint was in that good nic *swears*

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Brilliant, very tasteful mods. I wouldn't do anymore exterior work, maybe tinting if it hasn't been done but thats it, looks great.

Nice photography work too..:thup:

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
I agree with Spinksy. She looks very, very nice as is! Freakin' gorgeous. Nice shots by the way, it gives a real good effect. The twin pipes look nice too :)

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Thanks guys for your comments, I enjoy every second in the drivers seat, and am very happy with the looks of the car - Even my Jap car loving mates agree its beautiful.

The final exterior mod will most likely be a side blinker conversion from the orange falcon blinker to the more rounded and white Fairlane ones, as i can get someone to paint the new fairlane blinker shroud and fit it in place of the old one. Then its on to stereo and engine mods!

Anyways i'll be off as she needs a good clean.... Bloody Dirt roads and Gunmetal paint DO NOT mix well!!

Thanks again fellas!
-XR6child

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Genebaby said:
Maybe an EL XR front end? :s5
Thanks champ, would be nice but I worry the XR front might clash with the ELGT Wheels. Its also too major a change and i dont want to rape the car with too many exterior changes.

I have however photoshopped the EF Tickford skirts onto a side profile shot of the car (Just skirts, no bootlid wing) whilst mucking around, and THEY look unbelievable and classy with the absence of the rear bootlid wing, but jury's still out on that one! See how we go!

-XR6child

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I dont have the mod bug! :huh: (Im in denial)

hehe. Nice work there child. One of the best Ive seen! I reckon you should debadge the car, just for something different. And perhaps leave the tickford wings on the side. That and your clear side indicators will set the beast off nicely as a little extrenal mod. Plus it wont cost you anything to remove if you know ho to do it without damage. If you dont like it, then it will only cost a roll of doublesided tape and their back on again.

Perhaps do a photoshop to get a better idea b4 you tackle anything.

Once again, well done and enjoy it!

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
XR6child said:
Thanks champ, would be nice but I worry the XR front might clash with the ELGT Wheels. Its also too major a change and i dont want to rape the car with too many exterior changes.

I have however photoshopped the EF Tickford skirts onto a side profile shot of the car (Just skirts, no bootlid wing) whilst mucking around, and THEY look unbelievable and classy with the absence of the rear bootlid wing, but jury's still out on that one! See how we go!

-XR6child
im definitely a fan of the no spoiler look, and these are 2 fine examples on the E Series....they arent PS...so it might give u an even better idea...BTW the fairmont is a member of the forums....just cant remember who,......might be SAMSON

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
u've inspired me to go lower :p
only a matter of time!
that car has progressed damn quick

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Mate, you're on the right track. Only clear side-repeaters are needed to set your beast off. Doesn't someone sell them on the Forums? Because I thought the Fairlane ones were too large and didn't match the Falcon ones - unless you got the whole Fairlane surround (right across the doors etc)... ?

I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like debadged. Do you have any more photos?

You've got such a nice car! I'm jealous :(

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EFFalcon said:
u've inspired me to go lower :p
only a matter of time!
that car has progressed damn quick
Thanks EF you're a champ mate, and beleive you me it was YOUR car that gave me inspiration for my first mods after checking out your home page! Love your work! As for the lowering, I say go for it! Do let your insurance know about it though ;)

I have also been to Strapp Ford to order the Fairlane Side blinker and surround set up for the car so soon i'll have the clear side blinkers... Looking forward to that!

Also To -
MADWOB: Thanks for the pics dude, much appreciated!

X-Rated: I want to take off the rear Futura badge but I'm not sure how to do it, and also I have more photos, which i'll post soon!

Cheers guys!
-XR6Child

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Just beware that if you remove the rear futura badge there are two holes underneath it which will need to be filled.

To get it off you can use a hairdryer to heat up the glue that holds it on and then just pull it off. I just used a flat headed screwderiver with a rag over the end to protect the paint work.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Gotta love those EL GT rims on a Futura. lol

That is a really sweet looking car. I am planning on acquiring an EF/EL Fairmont/Ghia V8 or XR8 in the next month or two - this car is an inspiration for how good one of these can look!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i still can't beleive how clean it is!
i want mine that shiny!

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
EFFalcon said:
i still can't beleive how clean it is!
i want mine that shiny!
Give her A cut and polish! She will love you for it, and its also a bonus opportunity to spend some time together...... ;)

Love those AU II Rims too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts