Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 Mercury Mariner AWD 4 Dr 3.0 6 Cyl Flex. I barely seen in the area of my radio where the radio stations show up, that it looked like it says outside temp in the lower right of the screen, but there's not a light behind it. I seen outside temp when the sun was reflecting off the glass, also the compass N, S, E, W are not showing up for the compass. I never seen these gauges work, but maybe my specific vehicle never came with them.How do I know if the 2 gauges are suppose to be lit up and working?

·
Super Moderator
20,898 Posts
On some models it was an option ,

Amenities Package
$195 MSRP
Compass Display & Outside Temperature Display
Automatic Headlamps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comment.......
I took the factory information display audio visual system out ( Part of the Radio that is separate from the radio but shows the channels and time ) to see if there's a bulb burnt or but it's just a circuit board behind the screen. I was told that because the radio has SiriusXM radio that it should have came with the compass option and outside temp in the screen where the channels show up.

Is it possible that the areas in the left and right lower corners where the compass and fan speed and outside temperature are just burnt out? I could order the whole audio visual screen BL8T-19C116-AA and see if these options work in the new ordered part?

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
I've seen it happen on tablets, cell phones and our own equipment (I work with a major HVAC company), technology for that part is pretty much the same. Highly possible. I've seen it as low as 70 bucks on Ebay for a used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
depends on option car came with.
compass is in rear view mirror, mirror can have auto dim, rear camera display and mic for phone and of course wiring to it coming from headliner.
outside temp sensor is in the front grill, lower right side clipped behind plastic bumper harness is there with a plastic cover covering the plug. sensor can be bought or picked up at junkyard.
but u need to enable the display of temp by forscan w/a elm327 odb reader capable of enabling pin 3 and 11 on vehicles odb plug. there are custom made elm327 with switch to enable that. i just wired my elm to to get those extra function from the ecu using forscan software

1 - 6 of 6 Posts