Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
I have no idea but there is a Twin cam head available for the I6's just cant remember the name. Ummm The guy that does them is from Townsville I think??? Was featured in Street machine a few years back. Will have a look for some contact details if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
i thought that the blocks were all the same, a problem fitting the head would be the computer as you would need it to control the two cam sensors

regards
rod

·
Registered
797 Posts
Bob Krogdahle is the dude in Townsville ... I paid him a vist a few years back when he first developed the twin cam heads for the AU. He wanted 2.5k for a simple head convesion without any performance gear (excluding labour) or 6k for a complete rebuild (i ended up rebuilding it single cam). It also has "only" two valves per cylinder whereas the BA heads got 4.
Anyway back to the point, the BA heads do not bolt up due to the stud bolt pattern. Another prob would the engine management. The AU computers are not designed to handle VCT applications, however an aftermarket system could take over easily. Last but not least, a problem arises is the timing gear. Hope it helps ;)

If u realy realy realy want a twin cam in ur AU (i presume its an AU), u myaswell do and engine transplant (with wiringloom transplant etc). Much easier and quicker ;)

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
How about height?
Would the bulkhead need any work? Can't really see it myself, but...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Why would you want a BA headunit anyway? For the price you pay, an aftermarket headunit is a much better idea.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Turbo...OR Blown..two valve

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
The block is different, although the spacing between the cylinders is the same and the bore is the same, the water jacket has changed, and they have fianally deleted the holes for the pushrods!

And as far as I am aware the head is a fair bit taller.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts