Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was killing some time between work talks and was browsing West Coast Dismantlers, 52 Proper Bay Rd, Pt Lincoln, SA 5606 Australia, 08 8682 3590.

In this unremarkable XC sedan I noticed two things.

The Doeskin (gold n black) houndstooth interior was pretty good - just a bit of drivers bolster wear.

Oh and it only had like 114 000 km on it.

I remember when I was searching for some grey/black houndstooth it was a real hard to find item. I finally found some NOS Cortina from Supertrim to repair my car.

The front buckets were serviceable and the rear seat as usual looked very good.

On a different car, an old gold XB I noticed these front calipers - I haven't seen this design before - different to my old XC cast iron PBR calipers.

The other XB's had same calipers as my PBR's - are these just early model calipers?

·
Registered
442 Posts
You shoud snap that trim up, complete. I would.

Steve

·
old B - new B
890 Posts
Peter_Scott said:
On a different car, an old gold XB I noticed these front calipers - I haven't seen this design before - different to my old XC cast iron PBR calipers.

The other XB's had same calipers as my PBR's - are these just early model calipers?

my XB has the same type of brakes as that, girlock ?? i think from memory :doh: ( i should know )

apparently there were three different kinds of front calipers on the XB.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They are "later" Kelsley Hayes / Girlock calipers. The early ones had pins and rubber bushes instead of slides. Still a very good caliper, though.

And, yeah, 3 types on XB.... PBR, early KH and late KH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts