Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here we go...
Met up this morning with the Managing Director who owns this AUXR8 rocket at Dominelli Ford in Sydney.

Options
2 x body kits available, both based on shell series cars, 1st one available now, the 2nd available soon.
the nose cone has two options,
1/ a single bar with screen mesh, and indicators under the grille area
2/ a double bar with screen mesh, and indicators where the normal AUXR indicators are now.

side skirts as per shell series cars.
rear bumper as per shell series cars.
rear wing comes in two sizes, shell series size, and a smaller version. body kit sells for $3500 plus gst

6 spot front brakes and 4 spot rear brakes.
full leather interior to your choice
sunroof as optional.

NOW THE BEST PART......PUT YOUR SEATBELTS ON TREE HUGGERS.

They tried the stroker 5.0 (no good) they tried the 5.4 (no good) they tried the 5.6 (no good).....he would'nt elaborate on the engine used, but the option is your's up to 365kw, if thats no good, they'll put a supercharger on that again.

details are as follows

Monro Motor Group p/l
Thomas Feichtinger Managing Director
20 Flora Street
Kirawee NSW 2232
Ph 02-9542-1331
Fax 02-9521-6205

[email protected]

Monro Automotive
MSV (monro special vehicles)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have to see this thing to believe it. words cannot descibe the car, you have to look at it to believe it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost forgot, they are in the midst of trying to manufacture a 9 inch IRS diff for the car. Apparantly they keep destroying the standard ones.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going back with a camera tomorrow, plus I've had an invite from Thomas to view the new premises.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Sounds awesome, cannot wait to see the pics.........although I bet the damage to ones pocket will have me clutching those tatts tickets........

Jas

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
DOC:
I gather I was right about you needing to have a look?

BTW; I liked the wing mirrors!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Doc I told you to take the camera the first time. Now you tell us we have to wait til tomorrow. Geez doc!;)

Sounds awsoooooooome

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Yes, this cars sounds as if it would make my boss look like a fool for buying a $105K Volvo when he could've had one of these things.(Or a Mustang for that matter!)
...mmmm is 365KW really enough:?:
Good work Doc,
Russell.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Rastus said:
..mmmm is 365KW really enough:?:
Good work Doc,
Russell.
not after a few months ...problem is you seem to get use to and want more..

I put LS6 cam, springs and intake manifold in the other week just dicking around until my long block arrives. Prob picked up around 30 or so HP and top end rocks alot more but as a percentage gain it wasnt so much, seems like moving from there (unless through 100 shot in) price per kw gets higher

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Almost forgot, they are in the midst of trying to manufacture a 9 inch IRS diff for the car. Apparantly they keep destroying the standard ones.
The Holden boys use a Harrop or WH (Tunut Diffs) alloy centre with nine inch internals. Should fit the Ford cradle without too much stuffin' around..?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hmm dominelli ford thats in Hurstville right, might take a trip down to see this thing.

So this XR8, can you buy this thing with those mods you mentioned, so it's like SVO a few years back im assuming.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts