Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is your spot to give us your feed back on the Donation button set up on Fordofrums. Let us know how you feel about it. Is it good or bad?

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
tim,

there is some concern over at PT about this button possibly being 'stolen' from their site, especially since they're identical. in fact, the person reponsible for PT's latest incarnation is a little miffed about it.

be mindful that there are some gestapo tactics going on over there regarding the site. do not be surprised if you hear from him.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I had told John about the PT version of the donation button. We have been kicing it around for some time. John has been using Pay Pal for some time and I would think the Pay pal part of it is going to look the same. The button itself, I do not know why he used it, but a button is a button, it is not like we copied thier site down into FF's.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
That donation button is available to anyone for anything anywhere by PAYPAL. If they have a problem with that then they need to go and discuss it with paypal or make there own button.

Cry me a river!

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Also!

The Button is one of 2 that you can choose from. So Lets see if I choose the other then what other site is going to say that this is theirs. There is not a copywrite on that button on PT or any site. That Button is a FREE button provided by Paypal.

So you will see that anyone can use it. This is not an issue of we copied them or stole a button or an image. Nothing of the sort was done. I saw the button as one of the 2 choices I had and decided on that one.

If they are going to cry then they need to take it to Paypal or make there own button cause there are other sites that are using this button as well. Are they copying PT as well. I think not. If the owner has a problem with me using a button provided by the company PAYAL have him address his concerns to me at [email protected]. Until then he has no beef at anything that this site has done.

John
LunaticSS

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
i agree with you guys completely about them not having much to argue about.

when i saw the post on their site, the first place i went to was paypal and i didn't come across any button that looked just like this, but then i knew they had it set up for exactly the same purpose that we do here, so i didn't think there would be any problems.

i also personally know the guy who wrote the code for their board, and he does tend to go a little sensitive regarding that website.

i don't think we have anything to worry about except for the wording of the FAQ. after reviewing it, it is almost word-for-word in some places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts