Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Will be there with bells on gentlemen. Our club has four cars entered:- 2 XY Fairmont GS's, an XA Fairmont Hardtop and my XB Falcon GT. We are heading off out front of Ford Geelong at 6:00 am, meeting a couple of peole at Ford Head Office and then making the trip up the Hume. Car is now ready, I hope I am!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
my lift has fallen through but I am still going in the buzz box.. leaving from east brighton/caulfield area ... let me know if anyone wants a lift !!

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I'd like to know who's idea it was to have the Winton run on the day of the AFL grand final!!
Alas I wont be able to make it.:(
I went last year to see Chris, the fella who bought my Red Pepper XA GT Four door fling it around the track.Something I wished I did when I had it.:rolleyes:
I think he was going today , so let me know if ya seen it and how it went.
Russell.:D

PS: i'm half cut at the moment after watching the GF on Tele.;)

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rastus, dont recall seeing a red pepper GT there, but there sure was a lot of tough cars. When my mate finally got his GT going we cut sick on the track!.......that was until the rocker fell apart again #$^#$^%#$%.

Anyway I had a great day, and now have the pressure on me to get my XY going by Next years run (have a slab riding on this:cool: )

will post some pics when i find the disk %%$^#^lost it!!

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
was that the blue one?
ive got plenty of footage of the day.. some crazy cars there :)

i only got to go out in my bro's TE50 and Dazza's EDXR8 (yes the one that had the pink wheels)

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
there was a corolla there too!!

funny hearing all the big V8s going past then the lil 4... didnt do too badly though.. neither did that comm!

but thats just me being fair :)

Maybe there is no competition @ his holden club? or he may have come to see what real cars go like.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
It was great to catch up with you at Winton Botch. I see you and your friend had a bit of fun around the track in the XW. The car certainly appeared a bit tail happy! I guess you get that racing around on twelve slotters.
Apart from a few carby troubles I had a great day. I was able to take a few people out for a bit of a fang and they loved it.
Catch you all next time.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Botch,
A quick thank you from by brother for lending him the silastic for the thermostat housing on his XY. It was very much appreciated and got him home okay.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
smciner,

good to catch up with u 2

Ive got some pics of your car in action, but having trouble with the disk (wont read properly). hopefully will be fixed soon.

If i had know that there was late model stuff there too, i wouldve taken the EB!
:D

Ghentoboy,
I was the guy driving the battery van, and yes that was my mates blue GT, that had the bonnet up for most of the day.

what sort of footage have you got?? video, photos, digi pix??

would be interested of vidoeo/pics of the blue gt in action

I took some pics of the eb xr8(nice side pipes btw) and the TE50 went and sounded great.!

:cool:

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also my other mate was there with his diamond white xy (which was parked next to vx and early xr ute) he spend most of the time sideways or in the dirt. MAD BASTARD. His brother had the XB v8 with the extremely faded blue paint, but the diff went by lunchtime.

Here is one of the pics that worked:

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
I took video and my brother took photos.. i can capture a bit from the video... not TOO bad quality.. i dont know what i took. i think i got at least some of most of the cars, but prolly not the BEST quality... most was of the te and xr etc, i didnt think of taking pics to post on here.. but ill see what i can find (ill go thru and re cap some if u like)

PS this is one of my FAV pics, just bfore we went off in the XR :)

Attachments

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HEY DUDE

DUDE THATS MY CAR!!

Well actually my mates car (the diamond white XY with the XY GS number plate)

He was good value to watch. I had lined up a ride with him, but then they drew the raffle, and I had to be home soon, so i missed out:( :( :( :( .

oh well,

see what else u can find!

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Botch,
Look foward to seeing the pics dude!

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
HEHE! Thought so!
Ive got a bit of that car! Was pretty impressed. Ill see if i can cap a clip of where he goes around a corner like in that pic, and dazza (edxr8) tries to go a LITTLE further but ends up on the grass. Funny stuff!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts