Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanting to modify their door handles (for matching bodycolour painted and prepared ones) instead of getting them painted as I have heard many people are hesitant... then you're in luck. You can try 3 (that's right 3) different suppliers of painted Focus handles.

The Ford Escape comes with Focus handles. They are identical, just make sure the paint matches (might have a different name) and you're laughing.

The Mazda Tribute likewise uses identical door handles to the Focus and just check for the colour.

Finally you can order Focus Ghia handles. Colours are obvious.

If you don't believe me check for yourself. All three will be high quality parts and won't break the bank like getting your black ones painted will. It's probably just as much to buy them that way than get them painted professionally. You can also comapre prices and get the cheapest ones!!!

Matt signing off... :angel:

·
Focus user
287 Posts
well done. thats some interesting news that is. i'll be checkin that out i reckon....if i don't decide to sell my foci first.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well well well here's an interesting update..

I rang 2 dealers to find out prices on handles (Mazda and Ford) and the Mazda dealership was great, the Ford dealership doesn't offer painted handles, only primed ones for the Ghia and black ones for the tribute!!! I asked for quotes on the colours looking the same as the Focus' Machine Silver just from experience...

Mazda Tribute - Sunlight Silver - $76 each painted (check the colour in person if planning this mod, no guarantee that they are the same colour)

Ford Escape - Quicksilver - Not available painted, Tribute range does not include painted handles!! This may change in the future although I doubt it.

Ford Focus Ghia - Primed - $74 each, do not come painted.

So we only have one option!! If anyone can get a quote for painting the handles originally then they only need to beat about $150. Doesn't seem too hard.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,
Matt :dj:

·
2,922 Posts
Yeah, its very popular in the States to use Mazda Tribute handles. Not that it comes out in unique Focus colors such as Blue Flame though.

Good information for standard colors such as silver, white, and black.

Cheers...... Tim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rod Lawrence ford in campbelltown must be abit dodgy coz they quoted me $558 + painting for the ghia handles and $520 for the body coloured side protector strips unpainted. Sumfin is fishy

·
Focus user
287 Posts
sounds just a little bit overpriced to me........id go tell your dealer rethink their quote.

·
Registered stingy user
208 Posts
Zetec said:
Anyone wanting to modify their door handles (for matching bodycolour painted and prepared ones)
I am m8. My car's black! lol

·
Registered stingy user
208 Posts
ArcgAngel said:
they quoted me $558 + painting for the ghia handles and $520 for the body coloured side protector strips unpainted. Sumfin is fishy

"EFFFFFF" me!!!!! God almighty!!! Buy the paint and do it yourself brothers!!! I could get and entire CAI system chrome dipped for that price and fully installed!!!

Jesus HIJKLMN Christ!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts