Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Taurus. The automatic door locks started to continue to unlock my doors. It first starts with the driver door and then continues to unlock all doors while driving. Even if all doors are unlocked, it still tries to unlock the doors. Even when the ignition is off, it will continue to try and unlock doors.

I tried disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 minutes. That lasted about a day and then started again. It also causes the lights to come on when dark.

Is there a software update, is this a wiring issue with possible short, or is it the Body Module?

Harry

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
How old is the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
That could be the issue, check for water intrusion into the cabin too.

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
I read on another forum where a guy had the exact same issue but he doesn’t go into detail about the fix other than it’s in the drivers side door and it wasn’t the door lock itself. Perhaps check the internals for water intrusion.

·
Super Moderator
21,410 Posts
The door ajar/. interior light micro switch which is part of the lock assembly often sticks causing your problems . A good soaking with the likes of WD 40 or similar often cures . If not that , check the wiring where it passes through frpm the A frame into door for damaged wiring .

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They cleaned the contacts in the connector to the door lock module. Connector contacts can erode. Currently, the did seem to eliminate the problem. However, if that was the problem, I have a feeling it will pop up again (not sure how long). The permanent fix would be to replace the contacts in both female and male connector (if that was the root cause). Thanks for all your input and help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts