Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried finding an exact match to my issue the best I could, but just decided to put this out there. I have a 2009 Edge Sport and I let it sit for about two or three weeks after another vehicle purchase. Once I started driving it again, the locks just started going crazy locking and unlocking both driving down the road and parked. I could use the door lock/unlock button to lock and unlock, but then it would just do it on its own, non stop, for hours....
I've replaced the battery in the key fob, checked fuses, but nothing was wrong on that end. The key fob locks/unlocks as it should and now the door lock switches do not work. For a while, the front passenger door when opened wouldn't make the interior lights come on, but they do now. So, minus changing out every lock switch or maybe door open sensors, I haven't found any real specific tasks to perform to check what it could be. Any help regards this would greatly be appreciated!

·
Administrator
8,529 Posts
Try spraying WD40 heavily in the lock mechanisms and open and close the doors a few times. The switch for the light is built into the mechanism and sometimes they get dirty and cause crazy problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to make sure I'm in the same area as you, the door latch area? And thank you, I will do that and let you know the results.

·
Super Moderator
21,943 Posts
JWKO s suggestion is usually the cause of your problem and probably the solution . If not , on reading the car had been unused for 2/3 weeks , check battery condition and charge if low . On some cars , if battery low it can cause all sorts of problems with locks and windows . It may start o.k but doing so drops a low battery further till alternator boosts it up a bit but then as different functions are switched on or used , it may drop low again causing odd going ons . Another cause can be damaged wiring where it passes through from the A frame into door . But try the easy thing first with the WD40 and hope it frees any sticking micro switches in lock assemblies .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll check the load on the battery also. Thank you, as soon as I read that, I remembered that happening with another vehicle...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts