Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever had to replace the little hinged covers over the doorlock keyholes (EB onwards). Not sold separately have to buy whole lock assembly (not likely). Any ideas??? Partsguy???

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
RAPTOR said:
Has anybody ever had to replace the little hinged covers over the doorlock keyholes (EB onwards). Not sold separately have to buy whole lock assembly (not likely). Any ideas??? Partsguy???
This is that little tin covering on the Tibbe locks right? if so the lock barrels are only about $20 or so for a new one, I converted my EA to Tibbes (including ignition) for about $75 for the complete set iirc.

Kieron

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
ask one of the ford mechanics to hang onto an old lock next time they replace one and swap over the window and spring.

Remember the power of BEER when dealing this way:beerchuge

·
Fordaholic
78 Posts
Re: Re: Doorlock Blues

Kieron said:

This is that little tin covering on the Tibbe locks right? if so the lock barrels are only about $20 or so for a new one, I converted my EA to Tibbes (including ignition) for about $75 for the complete set iirc.

Kieron
You can also convert XD-XF ignition locks/barrels to Tibbe too...Just replace the XD one with an EB lock/barrel. Of course you dont get smartlock but you do get an ignition that cant be started with a dipstick :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts