Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
XB Pilot
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having just come back from a repairer in regards to having my xb rust repaired and then resprayed. From our discussion it seems I need to find some panels.

I need:

RH & LH Front Guards for XB
RH & LH Front doors for XB (if the LH has holes for mirror, a LH mirror would be good to). <b>These are most important for me to find.</b>
An XB Bonnet which is preferably a <b>GT</b> Item.
And a rear stone tray with <b>Twin</b> rounded exhaust outlets

A set of Extractors to suit a 351 in a XB.

If anyone has any of the above that are rust free or close too please let me know what you have and what your after $'s wise
If your in the Sydney area that would be even better.

Thanks all

Simon

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
So you a rolling chassis now :0)

Good luck with filling it

·
Lost in FF
381 Posts
hey i've got the gaurds.. i've got xa doors on the ute dunno if there any help to you.. i'll have alook at the condition today, i know the rh gaurd has a small rust hole in it.

i'm in newcastle

chris

·
XB Pilot
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chris, let me know what you've got. If its a small amount of rust I guess it won't be that bad, well better than what I've got anyway. I'll find out whether XA doors will fit. Can anyone tell me if they will?

Dellboy: Ha, almost. I've got two good doors and a boot. Thats at least half a car.

Simon

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
XA doorhandel's are different to XB.. But they will fit, But the problem is you need 4 XA doors and there harder to get than XB

·
Lost in FF
381 Posts
yeah i was about to say thats the only difference i was aware of..
i've got the day off tomorrow so i'll have alook at the car and see if i can get a digi cam to take a photo
chris

·
Registered
675 Posts
XA_GT_351 said:
XA doorhandel's are different to XB.. But they will fit, But the problem is you need 4 XA doors and there harder to get than XB
Pretty sure that all XA-XC ute/panelvan doors are the same as the coupes

So they wont fit sedans regardless of the handle issue

EDIT:makes a bit more sense this time!

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
Yep Ute/coupe/panelvan doors are the same, but if your fitting a ute/van door to a coupe you need to fit the coupe door glass.

As i said XA/ZF had there own style door handel but XB/ZG & XC/ZH were the same.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ummmm......doesn't sirwen have a four door?? ute etc doors are no good to him then.
if you have a good xa ute/coupe passenger door i'm very interested sideshow.
its a pity you're in sydney sirwen, i have an absolutely mint (no rust or dents whatsoever) xb sedan drivers door you could have, for free. i also have a few good xb/c bonnets, at least one of which is a gt bonnet.
bugger huh?

·
Registered
675 Posts
XA_GT_351 said:
Yep Ute/coupe/panelvan doors are the same, but if your fitting a ute/van door to a coupe you need to fit the coupe door glass.

As i said XA/ZF had there own style door handel but XB/ZG & XC/ZH were the same.
No argument about the handles mate

Just pointing out that ute doors would be no good to siwen as he has a sedan

·
XB Pilot
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Monty what are you doing to me mate???
Its not nice to taunt me like that!!

I'm finding it difficult to find good doors. I've found a few GS/GT bonnets but I haven't checked them over yet.

Question though, are XB and XC doors the same? I now understand that XA's are different so I won't be looking for them.

Also the rear stone trays are hard to come by. Seems everyone has be backed into a stump or similar :(

Thanks for the offers I received so far, unfortunately everyone is in melbourne, adelaide or brisbane. Where are my Sydney comrades?

About 18 months ago I passed on the opportunity to purchase an XB coupe that had been stolen and recovered. It had a perfect body and trashed interior. I'm kickin myself that I didn't buy it. But at least I ended up with the engine from it :)

Simon

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
Front XC doors are the same as XB but the rears are not, There a whole differnt shape.

·
XB Pilot
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
apolloxbgt said:
Allready told you mate I've got a mint rear twin outlet stonetray.
I know apollo, and I'll most likely be getting them off you too, I was just hoping to get one locally because I'm lazy and local is easy.
I'll get back to you next week.

I found a GS bonnet, now just doors.

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Hey sirwen, getting it delivered to your door is about as lazy as it come's :p . But you should find one in sydney somewhere, if not I'll email you some pics.

·
XB Pilot
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getting it delivered to my door is the problem. I'm gone all day and the couriers leave these stupid letter under the door telling me to pick it up at their depot, but they're only open until 5 weekdays.
One time they put the letter under the door and told me to pick up the package at hoxton park. I live in parramatta and hoxton park is miles away.

I'll most likely get you to send the package to the smash repairers when I drop the car off.
Any idea what the freight cost will be?
Have you sent things like doors before? If so what type of company do you use? A courier or something else? Is it expensive to get them shipped up?

Still need doors. Any one got some?

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
I have sent large things on freight before, and I work in castlemaine so most of the panels that come to the panel shop have to be freighted anyways. I would use someone larger, like startrack express, not to sure on the cost though.

·
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW
18 Posts
There is a GT shop in Melbourne that has XA and XC guards. No XB guards im affraid. I'm trying to get hold of LH/RH front guards for a XB Coupe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts