Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah it can be done, it lowers the compression 1, ie from 11:1 to 10:1

Or use a large copper based head gasket. Std gasket thickness is around 4thou not sure on the Felpro, think its less.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Dont put in double head gaskets, you will get problems you don't want, get a thicker one instead.

Why you want to for, you trying to lower compression or did you get everything machined and trying to get back to normal.

Jason

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bottom end has std flat top pistons, but the heads i have worked out at 58cc chambers, and on my engine will be 11.5-11.8:1.
just need some heads to wack on it b4 i get better ones.

·
Banned
555 Posts
copper head gaskets go up to 90thou which will be enough for your problem they cost around 175 a pair and dont pose any real issues exept that your manifold may need extra gaskets to bring it up to spec, 2 sets of standard 40though gaskest would cost that if you brought decent ones.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
racer, could u explain some more about quench distance etc, unless i fall onto some money soon, ill be using these with 2 gaskets for now. and the limiters set at 5000 till i get better valves.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
The flame stays in there as it doesn't have complete burn.So when next compression takes place it will detonate or fire too early..Thats the reason why also 4 valve heads can get away with high compression on blown engines....

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
If your not planning on keeping the heads, can you open up the combustion chamber a bit to lower comp some?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts