Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done watching a story on the news about a 21 year old guy who was drag racing another car in Florida.

He was driving a Mustang he bought 2 weeks ago.

Reaching speeds of 120mph he then proceeded to rear end a car with 2 older women in it,,,killing both.

Ironically enough one of the women in that car that died,,was his mother.

The other car which was not in the accident left the scene,,police are looking for that person now.

That in itself is the worst thing i have ever heard,,not only did he kill 2 people from racing,,but one of them was his mother.

this is why i dont and wont street race.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Street racing is just too risky. If I hurt myself becasue I'm being reckless, that's one thing, but hurting someone else is just too much.

Lucky guy gets to deal with this the rest of his life too...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont feel sorry for him.
If you take that risk,,the risk of racing on public streets as oppossed to the track,,then you are a loser.

It is not cool to take or change someone life.
Drunk driving and street racing earn no respect in my book.

A local woman ran from the cops at 100mph,she ran a light and killed 2 people.

All for a speeding ticket.

These people are no worse than someone walking up to someone on the street and shooting them on the head.

No race,or bar is worth killing someone.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for him on no way shape or form. He chose his actions, and now he must deal with the consequences of those actions.

Nothing comes without a price. It's sad that people don't reckognize this and act with some common sense.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Damn that definately is not cool, everyone must realise that the car they are controlling is a leathal weapon, and can kill or seriously injure in a split second, all people with a license should realise this and drive sensibly, if that were to happen, then maybe stupid things such as this would no longer happen :crazy1: :dead:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
a guy and his girlfriend here where killed by his best friend cause they were playing chicken.. thats sad..

·
One Winged Angel
64 Posts
Wow that is ironic. I feel for the family.

G

·
I feel bad for EVERYONE. I find it VERY HARD to believe that you have NEVER raced on the street, at least once in your lifetime. Im sure somebody has revved their engine at a light and you took off. Maybe you are one of a few but I dont street race, but Im not saying that I never have. It only takes ONE time for this to happen, some people are just unlucky. I feel really bad for the whole family.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
SpeedProbe said:
I feel bad for EVERYONE. I find it VERY HARD to believe that you have NEVER raced on the street, at least once in your lifetime. Im sure somebody has revved their engine at a light and you took off. Maybe you are one of a few but I dont street race, but Im not saying that I never have. It only takes ONE time for this to happen, some people are just unlucky. I feel really bad for the whole family.
I can honestly say i have NEVER street raced any of my cars before and never plan on it either. I have no sympathy for the people who race and then blame someone else for their faults.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts