Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

had an intersting drive to work at 6.00am this morning

Just cruising along the road when i see in front of me a car with Left hand drive plastered all over it!

So I drove up behind it and saw it was a Chevy, rather than holden Lumina SS.

So at the 1st set of lights we pulled up together and on the green I let rip in 1st gear only...... just enough to get this guys interest!!!

Well did I what, with me on the left and him on the right we where face to face at the next lights and I hear he was revving that Chevy hard!

So on the Green again I slowly took first and planted it hard when he had a good car length on me, straight upto 6 grand in revs in 1st and second and by the time I was changing into third he was a good 2 lengths behind.....

3rd set of lights and he was fumming and I was more happy to let rip again, this time we both smoked em in 1st but I get the first grip and sling shot it in front of him and easly out ran him

4th set of lights, he wouldnt even pull upto to me, but remained a full length behind, even with me reversing he just moved back!!!

I supose he just couldnt beleive an XR badged car could put him too shame!!!

If only he knew!!
:p :p :p :p :p :p

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
If only he knew!!
Good stuff gaz.. :D
Winner of the traffic light Grand Prix for today is laminge so far!!..
Interesting to see it in LHD too.. might be headed to the Middle east or a mule for the US??

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Ford Man said:

Good stuff gaz.. :D
Winner of the traffic light Grand Prix for today is laminge so far!!..
Interesting to see it in LHD too.. might be headed to the Middle east or a mule for the US??
Top performance mate, i'm guessing since it's export quality they will beef the LS1 engine up abit.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Brendan said:
Middle East bound Chevy Luminas (Commys) are 325hp or 242Kw
Geez if they done this tuneup on the SS we get here that will leave the XR8 down on hp's. :( :(

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
laminge said:
4th set of lights, he wouldnt even pull upto to me, but remained a full length behind, even with me reversing he just moved back!!!
LOL!!! :D So you wacked her in R and went chasing him backwards??? Fan-f'ing-tastic!! :D LOL!!

M

·
0 Posts
laminge said:

If only he knew!!
yelp yelp yelp .........as the DOG runs off with its tail between its legs........

Way to go.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Careful guys, it was only a couple of weeks ago that LS1.com cracked the sh!ts royally about a VX SS losing a drag. we don't want to upset them again so soon do we? ;)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
LAMINGE, TAKE YOUR CAR TO FMC AUS AND SHOW THEM WHAT A REAL CAR IS LIKE, THEN SHOW 'EM THE STATS, FOLLOWED BY THE ENGINE!!!:D :D :D :cool:

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Laminge: what is the acceleration times for car? 0-100KM/H and 0-400M?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Cobra said:
Going from our fang down Epping Rd.. you're looking at around 5.0 - 5.5 for 0-100 and around 13.0 for the 400..

Pharrken fast in laymans terms.. trust me..

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
laminge said:
Hey All

had an intersting drive to work at 6.00am this morning

Just cruising along the road when i see in front of me a car with Left hand drive plastered all over it!

So I drove up behind it and saw it was a Chevy, rather than holden Lumina SS.

So at the 1st set of lights we pulled up together and on the green I let rip in 1st gear only...... just enough to get this guys interest!!!

Well did I what, with me on the left and him on the right we where face to face at the next lights and I hear he was revving that Chevy hard!

So on the Green again I slowly took first and planted it hard when he had a good car length on me, straight upto 6 grand in revs in 1st and second and by the time I was changing into third he was a good 2 lengths behind.....

3rd set of lights and he was fumming and I was more happy to let rip again, this time we both smoked em in 1st but I get the first grip and sling shot it in front of him and easly out ran him

If only he knew!!
Ha Ha Haha, ...pittiful Holden Fool, didn't know what he was getting in to!:eek: :p
Gotta love the fact he was backing away at the fourth set of lights.That's a pisser!
Russell.:D

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
laminge said:
If only he knew!!
He he, It's like Vin Deisels character Riddick in the movie "Pitch Black"....where this line is said...
"Didn't know who he was phucking with!":p :p
Russell.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cobra said:
I must admit i am a whimp, havent been to calder, just too afraid of dropping the box in the 1/4 mile, just wait another 4 weeks until i get the 6 speed in

are you reading this Ford Guru?????

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
just wait another 4 weeks until i get the 6 speed in..
are you reading this Ford Guru?????
Boy that was a subliminal message if ever there was one.. :D
You keen to get it in or something minge?? ;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Heard a story of a "Lumina SS" in the US that chased and caught a new Corvette. The cop that posted it, can't remember where now, reckoned the only thing funnier then the 'vette dude fuming about getting stopped by a 4 door was telling him that his 'wierd old aussie Falcon' was even faster! I think the cop was from Montana.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
FTEfan said:
Heard a story of a "Lumina SS" in the US that chased and caught a new Corvette. The cop that posted it, can't remember where now, reckoned the only thing funnier then the 'vette dude fuming about getting stopped by a 4 door was telling him that his 'wierd old aussie Falcon' was even faster! I think the cop was from Montana.
Laminge, you gotta be happy about that mate, good thing for us Minges has made a few holden people not to underestimate a Ford. :D :D :D

Hmmm if he can beat a car that ran down a Corvette, no wnder his dream car is a Dodge Viper.
:nuts: :nuts:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts