Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from McDonalds (Had the munchies:D ) and i stopped at the traffic lights and a Red VX SS pulled up next to me a started revving his engine and i thought to myself " Should i or should i not" and decided to race him. After i was revving the sh!t out of my car the lights turned green and off we went. I took off sideways and so did he and i was a car length ahead of him, then when i got to 170km/h he started to make ground ([email protected] those things are fast in top end) and suddenly i heard a bang and i thought "Oh sh!t i [email protected] up my car" then i saw the SS slowing down in my rear view mirror with smoke coming from under the car. I did a u-turn and went to see if he needed help. When i got there he opened the bonnet and there was oil everywhere. The car was totally [email protected] Lucky for him i had my mobile and called the RACV and asked for a tow truck. Unfortunately i did'nt find out what caused the problem but the thing that i do know is that it was his bosses car, OUCH :eek:

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Poor bastard! Howz he gonna explain that one :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a good run tho!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Sounds like Holden have a real problem with oil in the LS1. Have they had a "rework" of this problem yet? If not, they'd wanna pull there fingers out..

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
The LS1 might be powerful but they are CRAP!!!!

These problems they are having is ridiculous. I don't think they'll get any better until they start building them here.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
What is the source of the oil problems...is it the pump or is it surging thats causing the trouble.
I heard a while ago that holden informed everyone that owned an LS1 to add an extra litre or so of oil to combat the surging problem.
Now thats a quick fix if I ever saw one.

Paul.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:
What is the source of the oil problems...is it the pump or is it surging thats causing the trouble.
I heard a while ago that holden informed everyone that owned an LS1 to add an extra litre or so of oil to combat the surging problem.
Now thats a quick fix if I ever saw one.

Paul.
I'm pretty sure its the pump itself.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah gms00, what car you got mate, must be a quick car to keep up with a GenIII until 170kmph. Anyhow you beat him so thats good. :D :D :D :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Mate, thats decent a 200kw XR8. Goes to show when the windsors are run in after 20k, they are even faster, to actually get a ahead and keep up until 170km/h is a win in my books.
In general roads you'd drag to 140km/h at the most. I reckon after an XR8 is ran in times of under 6.5 for 0-100 and under 14.5 1/4 mile is more than likely.

Reckon the 220 XR8 would be even quicker.:D :D :D

Pete, you reading this :read:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Reckon the 220 XR8 would be even quicker.:D :D :D

Pete, you reading this :read:
Like I said before, D Flint said the 220 has the measure of VX SS up to 160km/h. I will not be scared my friends for mine will have their measure all the way!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Pete,

Thats really cool, :D :D sounds like yours is well lets say "changed abit" from the normal 220kw XR8. Can't wait for you to spill the beans on what you done. ;) ;)

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Looks like some of the LS1.com fellas are disputing whether this thread is genuine, but seems they don't have the balls to get on here and comment.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
Looks like some of the LS1.com fellas are disputing whether this thread is genuine, but seems they don't have the balls to get on here and comment.
So what's new??.. hehe..

**ducks from petrol bombs thrown by strife, Brendan & Hobbes**

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe i was going so good because he was having some sort of problem before we hit 170 km/h (most likely)

1 - 20 of 95 Posts