Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down with the new engine in my F6 tonight and decided to give he a run, tuned it to around 400 rwkw's and hit the track, result.

First run 2500 rpm launch
2.27 60ft [email protected] mph

second run launch 2800 rpm
2.26 60 ft [email protected] mph

third run launch 3300 rpm
broken half shaft :whoaa:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Xtreme F6 said:
Went down with the new engine in my F6 tonight and decided to give he a run, tuned it to around 400 rwkw's and hit the track, result.

Cripes Simon,

Looking good there until ...... Oh well thats what happens when your pushing the envelope. I am sure you will be back down there to crack the 11's.

Good luck mate.

Peter

·
Registered
316 Posts
good on ya Simon- I know you'd be pretty pleased with that! so the engine feels strong? your MPH was better this time (wasn't your last one 122mph?)- that would be because of the higher tune at around 400rwkw?

Either way, it's a bloody good effort mate, really- well done. Shame you had the failure but pushing this hard I think you've done bloody well to get the reliability you have had- do you think the higher launch is squarely to blame or fatigue developing from the previous runs?

I'm interested to know where you shift (rpm) in the turbo.........

Also- what tyres did you run this time around?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
120 mph with my 370 rwkw tune and old engine and now 124 with new engine and 400 rwkw tune shfiting @ 6000

·
GEARBOX WRECKER
475 Posts
Xtreme F6 said:

Argh the ol Banger boss didn't break one but this did MMMMMMMMMMM, How much Torque :gimme:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts