Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Australian EF XR6 Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone

We are planning to go to the 'Off Street Drags' at Eastern Creek on Wednessday 8th November 2000.

Let us know if you are interested in comming along.

G

·
I'd say people should just head straight to the Creek unless they're coming from another town. You'll want to get scrutineered as early as possible to get the most runs done as you can. When you get there drive along the road to the back entrance and go into the shed to register. Don't forget to bring your rego papers, licence, helmet and $33. If it's not your car also bring a signed letter from the owner stating you're allowed to drive it. Wear long sleeved non-flammable clothing as well.

People will be able to meet up in the lanes after scrutineering. Another tip, food there is generally horrible and expensive so bring something to eat if you can.

G

·
Simon

Yes, I went. Didn't see any other club members there unfortunately. Strangely enough the previous owner of my car spotted me while I was waiting for a run. We chatted for a while and he lamented the fact that his accountant convinced him to sell the car because it wasn't worth keeping financially. Ha that was a mistake!

Anyway after getting there at ~5:20pm and waiting until 6pm to register, then another 45min for scrutineering and then until 8pm for my 1st run! I ran a 14.97 @94.2mph and later a 14.91 at 93.2 Didn't get my 2nd run until almost 10pm. If I'd got there before 3 I should have got 4-5 runs like some other guys. Oh well.

Traction was good but I was afraid to launch too high because I knew I'd only get 2 runs and didn't want to screw it up.

There's another meet scheduled for 22nd and then on the 13th Dec I think. I hope to make it to one of those (and get there early).

Point of interest - I spoke to a guy with an auto EB GLi, GT body kit and nitrous. He ran a best of high 13s.

·
Australian EF XR6 Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I'm going to be too late to enter - I may still go and have a look depending on what time I get finished.

Simon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts