Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got home from Calder Park... went out to watch the utes in action...

Bloody fantastic... the buggers are completely mad. I have no idea who was who, I got there around 8.30 and saw a Citric Pursuit, Blue Print XR8 and a Phantom XR8 (loved the tailgate)....

Wish I could have got there a little earlier.... and said hello.
 

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
Any good times??? :s6:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supa R00 said:
Any good times??? :s6:
I dunno if you've been to Calder lately, it was my first time in nearly 20 years....

I couldn't read the the hebrew/chinese that was being displayed... lol

But I think the pursuit had a low 14 whilst I was there, the utes looked good.

Was I too late to see the GT-Ps????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
Jason_m9 said:
Well just got home from Calder Park... went out to watch the utes in action...

Bloody fantastic... the buggers are completely mad. I have no idea who was who, I got there around 8.30 and saw a Citric Pursuit, Blue Print XR8 and a Phantom XR8 (loved the tailgate)....

Wish I could have got there a little earlier.... and said hello.
greetings all
i wonder who was in the citric acid Pursuit :angel: :angel: :angel:

regards
rod
 

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
Joined
·
262 Posts
So how'd you go Rod?

BTW I spoke to the guy who runs Calder last week and he told me the timing board was a problem that they couldn't get parts for, seems they were shafted on the original purchase. (sorta like the Springfield Monorail for us Simpson's fans) But he said it will be fixed along with the rest of the list of problems in the coming months and over the next two years in total. WOO HOO the crowd will be able to read again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
greetings all
Mark it was not my best night but close to it, i still carnt get that 13 second pass maybee i need to try some different tyres on the rear

the best i managed on the night was 14.168 @ 102.41

at least it is consistant 14.1 i have quite a few of them now so maybee i need to practice my launches a bit more & stop ( as the starter calls it ) the funny car burnouts but they look good :dev2: :wnc: :evilfinge :evilhehe:

regards
rod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rod said:
& stop ( as the starter calls it ) the funny car burnouts but they look good
yeah got my attention... very spectacular....

I know its all about the times... if the 13 aren't quiet there yet... make it look like a 6 is about to take place... :)
 

·
Movin!
Joined
·
2,924 Posts
Rod, how are your launches, do you get lots of wheelspin? A lot of guys have been telling me that on street tyres and big burnout is actually non beneficial to a good start. Slicks yes, but streeters actually will get to hot and will make for a slower time.

The other week my best 60" time was 2.10, with only a pissy burnout to get rid of the crap and water on the rubber, and tyre pressure on the sp9000's at 36psi
 

·
Falcontastic.
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
100% said:
So how'd you go Rod?

BTW I spoke to the guy who runs Calder last week and he told me the timing board was a problem that they couldn't get parts for, seems they were shafted on the original purchase. (sorta like the Springfield Monorail for us Simpson's fans) But he said it will be fixed along with the rest of the list of problems in the coming months and over the next two years in total. WOO HOO the crowd will be able to read again.
This place probably wont be around in the next two yr's.neither will the owner.
 

·
T/Control for sheilas
Joined
·
416 Posts
Thats true. Calder donesnt meet all the criterias set by ANDRA and are destined to be history.
 

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
Joined
·
262 Posts
gadgetman said:
Thats true. Calder donesnt meet all the criterias set by ANDRA and are destined to be history.
That's what they're fixing! Read somewhere else that calder would once again be part of the National series? Dunno how true, but if they get the problems fixed, sure would be good to see funny cars and big rails there again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fullthrottle said:
Jase, were the XR8s making good times?
Didn't/couldn't see the times for the XRs... I think XRFPV was there, perhaps he will post some times...

Are you going out next week??... its strangely addictive..

I am going to ring Hertz this week and see what they have available... lol
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
Jason_m9 said:
Didn't/couldn't see the times for the XRs... I think XRFPV was there, perhaps he will post some times...

Are you going out next week??... its strangely addictive..

I am going to ring Hertz this week and see what they have available... lol
I was there Jason why didn't come say hi rod and i wont bite. The blue ba xr8 Ute was completely stock with a manual gearbox just removed his air cleaner his best was ET: 14.93..
I ran my best time last night ET: 14.591 @ 98.11 mph.
Heathcote FF meeting we had on January 10, I ran a ET:15.00 was my best. Thanks to rod (citric pursuit) he has help me out heaps getting my time down.
And if any of you guy's need a helmet sent a pm to 100% (mark) for $80 you get a open face helmet with a Australian standards sticker, color choice is easy they come in black only. Much cooler than a full-face helmet..
 

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
Joined
·
262 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
And if any of you guy's need a helmet sent a pm to 100% (mark) for $80 you get a open face helmet with a Australian standards sticker, color choice is easy they come in black only. Much cooler than a full-face helmet..
Thanks Mark, we also have a variety of full face available and will look after anyone who is from Ford Forums.

Mark
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
Fordy said:
You gotta be happy with that from a stock ute.
the blue one was stock, but if you talk to poeple everyone's car is stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Jason_m9 said:
Didn't/couldn't see the times for the XRs... I think XRFPV was there, perhaps he will post some times...

Are you going out next week??... its strangely addictive..

I am going to ring Hertz this week and see what they have available... lol
HAHA glad to hear you had fun.
Next week not looking good either...mate's having a house warming on the Friday. I will make it down there one of these days.
 

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
Joined
·
262 Posts
Why don't we give everyone some time to arrange their schedule and make it a big turn out again for March 5th?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top