Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got about 3 hours tommorow with nothing to do, so I'm going to see how far I can get on my NOS install :D.

I went and got a 11/16" drill bit (which is what is recomended by the n2o manual) to drill the hole in my trunk for the n2o line.

That thing is huge:eek: it looks like i'll be dirlling for oil!!

I'm going to mount it on the pasengers side (like on brian's site). Now I looked around under there and couldn't really tell where the best place to drill in that area was?? Is there anything down there I'm going to hurt/should avoid??

I also have to drill the 4 holes to mount the bottle brackets so the same question goes for those.

And since my car isn't a hatch back (mx-6) I won't need a blow down tube at the track right?? But would you still suggest one for safety??

Thanks
Ryan

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
If you mount it in the trunk on the sides, just check that you will clear all fuel lies, gas tank, the frame rail...if you mount it in teh spare tire wall, you can remove the rubber stopper and run the nitrous line through there.

If you ARE safety-oriented, I would go ahead and install the blow-down tube anyway - the automotive-type nitrous is actually poisonous.

And don't throw away the bit - I may borrow it for my next N2O install :D - my tank will be where the rear seats used to be.

Good luck!

PS - when are you installing your kit? I may do mine next weekend if it comes in on time. Oh wait...the motor is still out - duh...

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did it!! It was mentally tought for me to dirll that big of a hole in my car (not to mention 4 5/16" holes. I'm still trying to find the best place to run the line though. Right now I have it ran over the heat shield until just after the cat, and then it cuts over and then up the firewall. I think this will be ok, I wanted to run it along the right side of the car, but there was NOTHING to zip tie it to!!

I'm not sure when I'm goin to finish up, hopefully next weekend!

Yea I've got that bit if you want to use it. It was regular 24.99, but the hardware store by my house is going out of business so I got it for 9.99!!

engine's out?? What are you workin on??

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Rdiggidy said:

engine's out?? What are you workin on??

Ah you know....changing the spark plugs....and stuff :D

Just swapped engines to a fresher 35,000 miles unit, although I sure am going to miss that freakish motor that I had before...145whp stock was pretty awesome. Got a 35k tranny to go along with it...

Also bought a brand new NOS kit, so I won't have any problems with it. And I wore out the R6 clutch disk in only 4-5 months of hard racing.

Also painted the IM/valve covers....what a chore! Glad I'm all done though. Just need to clear coat them all tonight. THe biggest pain in the ass was just removing most casting marks of the runners and other visible spots....i will NEVER do that again. I also removed the VRIS, coned/polished the TB, and ported the IM where the VRIS used to be (I removed about 3-5 cubic centimeters of aluminum....took me 7-8 hours of porting, with just a drill and a bit bit - the dremel would've taken years).

Glad you got the holes done in your trunk - make sure you use a rubber grommet for the nitrous line - even though it is braided steel, rubbing against the sharp drilled edges constantly will cut into it.

Let me know when you are ready to go to the track!

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like quite a chore!! I'll look forward to seeing it all done!!

Yea I'll let ya know when I'm ready for the track (I'll probably be ready before I'm back in Sac for a weekend...I love school :rolleyes: )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts