Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Interested in what you guys have done, if anything to your car sterios.

I know I have Kept Gary Car Radio in Business down here in Melbourne, ( Ahh a free plug that should get me a sub) as I just added up all my receipts and they total over 34k in just 15 years.

Thank god I am not married!

But at the moment I am running dual head units Cd Tuner and Eq Cd, both Alpine.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
:eek: Laminge, 34 grand, bloody hell mate, you got so much money you don't what do with it, send some my way pleeaasseee :D

I got most of my stuff from Garry also. I have an Alpine single CD deck, Alpine DD drive 6x9's, Alpine V12 AMP, 12" JL Audio Sub, and ****ty phillips speakers in the front, but they do the job. Not a bad sound for about $1,500...

CD's in the car at the moment, Dreamtheater, Dreamtheater, Dreamtheater, Dreamtheater, Metallica (sometimes, lost the plot), pearl jam, Live, Steve Vai, a bit of Malmsteen but not too much (all sounds the same after a few minutes), Joe Satriani, Led Zepplin, Gunners, and some Queensryche.

Oh, and Dreamtheater!

T

·
0 Posts
That's not music. I just happened to watch the Wizard of Oz the other day, on the projector, sound turned right down, with Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon playing in the background. There's a message there. Dont know what it is yet.??????????(lol)
Car music mmmm. depends on if I'm by myself or not, Delicate Sound of Thunder is good, if I'm cruising down the Hume. If the Wiff is with me, some Rock and Roll or Van Halen is good for the drums.

depends on the car I'm driving at the time

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Van Halen is good for the drums.
Well if you like DRUMS DOC, have a listen to Mike Portnoy. best drummer in the world! and the band he plays with...well here's that name again...Dreamtheater.:thumbup:

Checkout his website and have a look at his drum Kit :eek:

http://www.mikeportnoy.com

They have 19 tracks just for drums when recording:CraZ: He is truly amazing, along with the rest of the band. If anybody is into music and want to see some of the most technical, creative, original and inspirational (for muso's) progressive rock, I strongly suggest to check them out.

http://www.dreamtheater.net

T

·
0 Posts
to be honest I've never heard of them. who are they like in terms of today's music.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I don't know, its hard to say. But to get an Idea of what they were into when they started out, I have taken this quote from their Biography..

"The encore was indeed a work of genius; a medley of the instrumental breaks from classic songs from the likes of Led Zeppelin, Yes, Queen, The Beatles and Van Halen."
John Petrucci (Guitarist) influences :

Steve Vai, Al DiMeola, Alex Lifeson, Steve Howe, Alan Holdsworth and the late Stevie Ray Vaughan.

John Myung (Bassist) influences :

Chris Squire, Steve Harris and Geddy Lee and their respective bands Yes, Iron Maiden and Rush. He also listens to bands like Jane's Addiction, King's X and The Red Hot Chili Peppers as well as classical and blues.

Mike Portnoy (Drums) influences :

Rush drummer Neil Peart and the late Frank Zappa. Other favorites include drummers Terry Bozzio, Vinnie Colaiuta, Simon Philips, John Bonham and Keith Moon and bands such as The Beatles, Queen, Yes, Metallica, Jellyfish, Iron Maiden, U2 and Jane's Addiction.

Jordan Rudes (Keyboards) :

His biograpgy isn't as clear cut as the others (thats where I've been getting this stuff from :p), so I'll describe him, he grew up on Bach, Chopin, Beethoven, and has now seemlessly blended his classical style into progressive rock) AWESOME!

James LaBrie (Vocals) :

James' musical tastes are quite varied as he names Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Journey and Judas Priest as well as classical composers Mozart, Vivaldi and Beethoven as favorites. Influential vocalists include Steve Perry (formerly of Journey), Freddie Mercury, Sting, Paul Rodgers and Nat King Cole. James continues to practice with Ms. Burns and encourages other vocalists to pursue formal training.

Well there you have it, should give you an idea of the band and their quality [wink2]. After my effort, I hope your gonna buy their CD's :D ;)

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
My favourites (dont laugh!)

- Rammstein (try keeping to the speed limit with this cranked!)
- Prodigy
- Metallica

- Jazz / Big Band type stuff to cool me down in peak hour traffic
- Hip Hop / Gangsta Rap

- Jimmy Barnes / Ian Moss / Hunters / the Oils
- 80's classics - hey i was brought up in the 80's lol

Wide variety here - also depends on my mood, day etc.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm, I can feel the heat rising and the flames beginning to warm me .. :wink2: :wink2:

Ok, my collection spans basically all genres except jazz and country. I can find no good in either of these :thumbdown :D I'm a bit partial to nostalgia (mid 80's and later). Big fan of INXS/U2/Simple Minds/Noiseworks/EARLY Gunners/Pink Floyd and the like. Huge fan of early to mid 90's (also known as the "high school years"). Seem to have grown out of the metal/punk/industrial/thrash/grind/speedcore scenes... used to like the hard stuff, but eventually got bored with it :gok:

*dons flameproof Y-fronts* :eek:
Currently listening to the traditionally hated genres of hiphop and electronic. In the stacker - Beastie Boys, Black Eyed Peas, old school Run DMC, anything by Renaissance/Ministry of Sound/Gatecrasher, and for old times sake, a couple of compilation shockers from the early 90's (100% Hits 1992 etc.) lol :thumbup: :wink2:
*considers removing flameproofing but thinks the better of it* :damack:

It all just depends on the mood I'm in, and what sort of company I'm keeping in the veehickle. :evil:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
- Gangsta Rap

Oh no, not that stuff :thumbdown: Actually I lie, there is one Gangsta/rap song I like, 2Pac's "Hit 'em up" I think its called, starts off somthin like..."Thats why I f*cked your b*tch you fat mother f*cker"...:D

- Jimmy Barnes / Ian Moss / Hunters / the Oils
- 80's classics - hey i was brought up in the 80's lol

Yep no probs there, and I'll add Austrlian Crawl, Powder finger, Collective Soul, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots all that sorta stuff.

And I really like some of the movie sound tracks like (now its your turn not to laugh), Braveheart, Conan, Exorcist!

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Yep cool movie soundtarcks JEM - I'll add:

- Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack (Digitally Remastred :wink2: lol)
- Any James Bond movie theme
- Godfather 1,2,3 soundtracks (and Mob Hits Cd's 1 and 2)

Any movie scores by John Williams (Star Wars, Jaws, almost every Spielberg movie) and John Barry (James Bond instrumentals etc.)

Jase

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
haha. my favourite line in hit emp up is "you tried to be a playa but i ****ed ya wife" haha

i might be 100% aussie but by no means am i a 100% mullet head triple MMM only guy.

Only music comin from my beast is trance/techno/dance/hi nrg/some rap/r&b and some pop/alternative.

was into bands like rammstien, but when little kiddies the age of 12 start shouting DU, DU HAST, its time to turn it off!!!
All that ended for me way back in the old dayz of 1998. haha

Now the only music is sumtpin to get my subbies pumpin lun. Its fully sik re!!!
-broomy

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Hmmm let me see...

In the car currently... Blur, Faith No More, 'tallica, U2.. :wink2:

In the racks at home... Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, Oils, Powderfinger, Baaarnsey, Chisel, Soundgarden, Zepplin, Crowded House, Split Enz, Neil Finn, Triple J Hottest 100's, Regurgitator, Live, and the missus has all those gay compilations one's as well.
Plus a fair few soundtracks including Braveheart, Gone in Sixty and one for a good rollicking time Lord of the Dance with that Flatley fella. Missus bought it and I laughed at her but when she played it, it's actually pretty good for a fun cruise on holiday... :rolleyes: :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I prefer to listen to tha sounds of the mota :rolleyes:
But whenever I do listen to stuff while driving it'll be whatever I pinched off the university network and burny to a CD
free music ROCKS! :D

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Ha ha ha..... YEAP!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I've got just a pioneer 4 x 45 CD tuner head, 180wt phillips 6.5" in the rear, 4" sans in the front. :p

All that plays from my stereo is METAL. Be it old 80's metal (Iron Maiden, very old Metallica, etc), though most of the time it's death metal - which is what my own label releases. :evil:

It's only natural I reckon, after all, a big Ford is heavy metal!:evil:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts