Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Proud Ford Owner
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here used dropped spindles? What did you think? I plan to lower my car in a couple of weeks but there are just so many options when it comes to suspension mods it makes my head spin. Here is what I have come up with so far. I want to fit superlow King Springs with Koni Reds in the rear, with standard springs and Koni Reds in the front, lowered on dropped spindles.

I've heard that dropped spindles are superior to lowered springs because they dont change your steering geometry. Any opinions?

Also if I were to order dropped spindles, would I have the option of choosing how low they go? Because it would look kind of odd if the rear Kings bought the car down 50mm, but the spindles only dropped it 30mm, or vice versa...

By the way the car is an EA Falcon S sedan.

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
You want find any dropped spindles for an EA. If you do let me know.

I think they are a great way to lower a car but the EA's long spindle wraps over the top of the tyre (where the balljoint is). If you had a dropped spindle the tyre would foul at the top.

·
Proud Ford Owner
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt think of this. Any way of using dropped spindles on an EA without this happening? If it becomes too much of a problem I'll have to settle for King Springs. Only problem is, if you lower your car on Kings it's very difficult to give it an accurate wheel alignment.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
as RAPTOR said, i think you will have probs with dropped spindles.

if you get a camber kit you will be able to control the wheel alignment fairly well.

there are two options - the 'shims' which are cheapish and fairly accutrate, or a 'cam' type which is more expensive but more accutrate IMHO, though its more dependant on the skill of your actual wheel alignment person than the type of camber kit you buy as to the 'goodness' of your wheel alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts