Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mustang Cobra Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 93 Grand Marquis w/4.6. Only has a single pipe.
Where can i get info on Dual pipe Mods. That one poor little pipe is holding back some Horsepower.:s3

SSSNAKE

MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Depends on whether you wanna do it yourself or take it somewhere. I have a 93 CV and went to midas muffler, the guy said he would just order the factory duals from a Police Interceptor model and pop it on... Dont recall the price but it was rather steep.. For a mercury I would imagine you could go to the parts store and order the H-pipe, mufflers and the rear pipe from the HPP model or the PI would probably fit too. You will also need to get the Drivers side rear pipe and I also believe a muffler hanger...they weld onto the frame.

Jonathan

·
Mustang Cobra Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. Are there any magazines for the CV & GM's like there are for Mustangs that you are aware of.

Thanks

SSSNAKE:s6:

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
88 Posts
location of pipes

Snake since you are so close to Idaho there is a place called Barger Matson auto salvage in Nampa Idaho. They have a four interceptors in their yard and a couple grand marcs. Last I remember they may have still had the pipes. I don't know what shipping would cost but it is worth a try. Also I am currently researching hoping up my 4.6 and have started posting my findings in that section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts