Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was enquiring the other day about a dual system for my ed 5ltr, i got the reply and it said, and i quote:

"Nobody makes a twin to suit this vehicle
You can buy a 3 inch single system which we sell for $298 with gaskets and clamps
or a 2.5 redback system $375.00"

-SK Exhausts.

is this true? if it is how hard for it to be duals? i didnt mean duals as in one on the left and one on the right i meant 2 pipes out back like on the ba xr8s.

... ohh yeah redback ?

thanks alot,
nathan.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mate for the right price you could get all 8 pipes to come out the back it just comes down to finding a place that doesnt mind a bit of fiddiling around.

U

·
0 Posts
I had a duel system put on my old EB 5 litre abou 7 years ago. The two pipes entred a resonator at the back and exited via a single pipe cause that was the look i was after, but it was the best sounding 5 litre I'd heard at the time. And as for getting two pipes out the back, would have been easy. I got the job done in geelong, somewhere out moolap way i think.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The fuel tank gets in the way. Twin systems can be made, but both pipes run next to each other & come out the driver's side.

I've got a semi twin system (2 x 2.5") which joins near the diff & becomes a single 3".

Your best bet would probably be twin 2.25".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts