Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I snuck in a bit late, but I have to say those V8s sounded good today. Even though horsepower was lower than I thought some cars would do, it was nice to meet a bunch of you. (FYI, my GTS-R did 184rwkW stock on a Dyno Dynamics.)

Did the Volvo win best wagon:?: :CraZ:
127 fwkW, in a bloody PAG car. I was hoping for better :eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
...FYI, my GTS-R did 184rwkW stock on a Dyno Dynamics.
Is that the stroker??...

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, GTS-R was a 5.7 Holden engine. Said 215 on the back of the car, but everyone knows the GTS-Rs were a little faster than the GTS.

Would have been interesting to see a FTE 220 today.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yeah, I'm sad I couldn't make the 850km trip to be there :( :thumbdown

The next best thing, rang Timbo and spoke to a few of the guys, listened to a few of the runs on the mobile :p Will be interested to see the table of results! :damack:

Mmm ... new smilies.. :fmad:

Mike

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeap went to the dyno day meet the guys from the tickford car club and some guys from the forum, top day. Hehehe i got pressured to put my wagon on the dyno, and surprise surprise got a dyno reading of 114kw. I was 2kw of a V8 wagon, but apparently his computer was in learning mode so probably not an accurate figure.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Pretty happy for a stocker six. Well i guess i'm looking forward to a next gathering for sure. I read in another topic about meeting in Geelong, abit far for me but if i plan i i reckon i could manage especially if all the forum members are goin to be there.:p :p :p

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Oh yeah el2xr8 if you get the table of results of the cars dyno'd. Can you possibly email me a copy if it's not outta your way, i'm just curious how i went again other six's. ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
114KW at the wheels for a EF wagon is damn good, didnt you say its done 200,000+kms aswell??

Is it manual or Auto?

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
No worries. Just waiting for the guys to give me the data, then I'll pretty it up and wack it on the club site. I'll put up the link as soon as it's done, and email a copy to you as well.

Oh and yeah thats a good figure for a stocker 6. My baby got 120kW at the wheels stock, different time and place, but still accurate going by drivetrain loss figures. So yours going on a similiar % loss should be over 170kW at the fly!

Cheers
Mike
:thumbup:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Martin,

My car has done 187,000km and it's a manual.

Looking at the dyno sheet though theres a little flat spot dips down a fraction just before the top reading.:confused:

Ahh well can't expect everything, i was only tipping 105kw.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Well doing my recycling of old threads, since the dyno day is comming up in March it's also nearly one year on.

Whats everyone trying to aim for at this years dyno day at Silverwater in Sydney? If i can get over 115kw at the wheels i'll be happy. I got fears that my cat back exhaust won't make anymore power than the stocker.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I haven't done anymore horsepower mods since the Herrod dyno session - the K&N filter won't give me dyno gains at all. Rob claimed I would gain a couple of extra kW once the computer learned to use the better breathing exhaust, so I'd be interested to see if I'm still around the 136rwkW mark or if I'm closer to 140 (or if the Herrod dyno reading was overly optimisitc!)

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Well I for one will definatly be getting a bit more than last years effort!!

Only managed 130rwkw last year. :dead: :p

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
Yeh I remember that day. Also was the first meeting up of some of the FF crew. I was too chicken to my stock car on... maybe this year I'll give it a go.
Go for it Chris, good thing is you know what you started off with before mods.

Kelli,
I still have to book my place as well. Also a mate of mine with a 1984 Skyline DR30 (FJ20 Turbo) will be going on the dyno. If it's ok can i book for him as well. Yeah i'm sortof having a friendly kw war with him.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Venom XR said:
I haven't done anymore horsepower mods since the Herrod dyno session - the K&N filter won't give me dyno gains at all. Rob claimed I would gain a couple of extra kW once the computer learned to use the better breathing exhaust, so I'd be interested to see if I'm still around the 136rwkW mark or if I'm closer to 140 (or if the Herrod dyno reading was overly optimisitc!)
I think you'll find it'll be lower....

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Jase_ELXR8 said:

I think you'll find it'll be lower....
Do you know something about his dyno practices that I don't?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
i'm in this for sure! i wanna see what am i getting stock, and also i want to verify that figure of 127rwkw MRT came up with. it just doesn't seem right anymore...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts