Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
BF XR6T - stock only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just had my STOCK XR6T Ute BF (no mods) on a Dyno run this morning and surprisingly it ran a nice 218.2kW/ 292.6HP @ wheels! That's the same a 290kW BOSS!
I'm just wondering what others got on the dyno with their stock XR6Ts, cause I'm not sure if my reading is normal or not. Coz on a standard stock, it should had ran around 183.75kW @ wheels based on a 245kW engine. Thanks!

Can't wait to start slappin some mods into it :hy:

·
I <3 my XR6T
24 Posts
I'll tell you after August 5th ;) The BF's seem to push impressive numbers, although they are rated as only 5kW more than the BA's

·
darkside spy
172 Posts
RaZoRChak said:
Hi guys,
Just had my STOCK XR6T Ute BF (no mods) on a Dyno run this morning and surprisingly it ran a nice 218.2kW/ 292.6HP @ wheels! That's the same a 290kW BOSS!
I'm just wondering what others got on the dyno with their stock XR6Ts, cause I'm not sure if my reading is normal or not. Coz on a standard stock, it should had ran around 183.75kW @ wheels based on a 245kW engine. Thanks!

Can't wait to start slappin some mods into it :hy:
most stock BA xr6t'z make 190-210rwkw

·
BF XR6T - stock only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine's an Auto Ute now only 7000km + Bulge & Spoiler hardtop, everything stock.

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
The average Mk2 GT and BF GT's are getting between 230-240 rwkW's these days. Much more than the factory claim. I have yet to see a BF F6 with anywhere near the factor cliamed output (much higher normally). This trend appears the consistent across the range of Ford performance cars by the looks of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds light for an F6 - my BF auto made 222rwkw after only 2k km on the clock.... that was before some mods that have moved the street tune up to 280 rwkw...:hy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
200kw at the wheels stock,im very suprised if this is true iv had many strret races with my friends 190kw xr6 dynotuned at jakes performance in canberra against my 145kw galant vr4 and his car has a cam and highflowed stock turbo running 14psi dont think the numbers you claim are accurate IMOP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps you're confused with some japanese dynos...? The Bf F6 manual puts out 10-15 extra kw at the rears, but more peaky at the end of the torque curve. Good luck with your Mitsubishi Nimbus...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
bigdude said:
200kw at the wheels stock,im very suprised if this is true iv had many strret races with my friends 190kw xr6 dynotuned at jakes performance in canberra against my 145kw galant vr4 and his car has a cam and highflowed stock turbo running 14psi dont think the numbers you claim are accurate IMOP

running 14lbs of boost you would expect more than 190rwkws, I am running 10lbs and have 280rwkws, tell your mate to go some where else for a tune, and just for interest my car 04 XR6T auto ute stock figures wre 195rwkws

·
Registered
3 Posts
bigdude said:

Mate ive got a Autotechnic front mount, ss induction cold air intake, K&N panel filter and just had it flash tuned running 14 PSI and im putting out 295RWKW. Also standard exhaust. Getting my 3.5inch dump pipe, 4.5 inch high flow cat to twin 3.5inch pipes coming out the back on wed. then a re tune at RX Engineering in newcastle. ill post up what happens

·
Registered
29 Posts
290RWKW on 14 PSI?

Are you sure? You should be running that at around 10. 300-310RWKW at 11 PSI. 14PSI should have you way higher than that....

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
many moons ago when my f6 was standard i pushed 220 rwkw out of the manual ba f6, now she's spinning freely to the untuned tottal of 330rwkw soon to be tunned so ill up date you then

·
BF XR6T - stock only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow surprising that difference between F6 & XR6T ain't so much on a few RWKW. How come the huge price diff then? Y dun we all just buy XR6T instead F6 and save the cash for mods?

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
cause we get better internals standard, you try pushing 353 untunner rwkw out of your xr6t with the standard front mount and unopend motor. plus a hell hotter body kit, and the bragging rights that its a fpv haha jjks ohh and the fpv driver day for free.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts