Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I’m new to the forum and new to the ownership of an ‘06 e250 with ~114k miles.

Apologies in advance if there are already threads on this issue, I could not find anything with a quick search.

Shortly after picking up my e250 with the 4.6l, the engine light came on and it scanned p0303 (misfire #3).

Ive since replaced the coil for cylinder 3 and 7 (told by a mechanic that #7 was influencing #3), along with the plugs for cyl 4 rear cylinders (I’ll get to the front 4 soon). I replaced the fuel and air filter and ran a bottle of Techron cleaner through the engine. The CEL turned off and I was able to sleep better at night 🤣

After a week or two, the light came back on, same code. Has anyone else had this same issue?

Also if anyone is able to suggest a good mechanic around Houston for this model van, I’m all ears!

Thanks in advance,
PC

·
Super Moderator
1,294 Posts
I believe I know why coil 7 was suggest to be replaced, it sounds like he’s not familiar with newer vehicles. I’d start by performing a compression check on all cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,943 Posts
After using a bottle of Techron cleaner , and it running o.k for a week or two . possibly indicative of an injector fault ? Could try swapping injectors if you wish and see if code changes to that cyl .

·
Registered
6 Posts
You’re working with a 15 year old vehicle. The electrical connections are likely trouble spots. You could disconnecting the #3 coil, thoroughly inspecting the pins, cleaning what you can, and reconnecting. Look at the wires to it closely, too. If that has no effect, swapping fuel injectors and the compression check are good ideas, too. How did the plugs that you pulled look? And did #3 look any different that the others?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I had the fuel injector for #3 replaced, the same code p0303 popped up.

I pulled the plugs a few days ago, and swapped the coils around. Even though I did replace the #3 coil, I’ve been reading that people swear by motor craft, I used duralast.

the plugs (from right to left) are 3,4,7,8.

The plugs have around 1500 miles on them. It looks like #3 is getting fuel but no spark? I’ll wait for the code to appear again, if it’s still p0303 I’ll start looking into the ignition harness

701B6C2E-ECF1-496F-AE22-C2597E230547.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts