Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! New here.

I have a new project that I am probably going to need some of yalls help with. I recently purchased a 1993 e350 7.5 box truck. It has been sitting for at least 2 years with the motor open. Supposedly it ran before someone opened it up and left it. But I dont trust it to be accurate.

I just so happen to have a camper that has the same motor, but it is a 1995. It does run and drive, but the refrigerator blew a massive hole in the side of it. We had originally thought to repair/rebuild the camper, but it will prob never happen.

#1- will these motors interchange with little to no mods?

#2- would this be a hard swap to do?

Thanks for any insight you can impart!

·
Super Moderator
7,767 Posts
Define "easy". My experience with engine swaps in vans has never what you'd actually call "easy".

·
Registered
18 Posts
I replaced the 5.4 in my 03 E350 last summer. In a storage unit. No air tools, no lift, no torches. It took me 2 weeks to do it...lol..its not as bad as I thought it would be, but it was just a long process. Have patience when doing it. By the way, a Motorcraft reman engine and trans comes with a 3 year, unlimited mileage nationwide warranty, parts and labor covered, even if you installed it. Just a fyi.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts