Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres my delema .
i have a 1990 F250 7.3 ltr diesel with the E4OD trans . i have a front pump seal leak that i cant cure . i have tryed 2 seals now and both leak . it has a new torque converter and new pump .
this is what i am thinking , the converter is a re-maned unit . i am thinking the hub on the thing is to small in diamater for the seal to work right . it seems that the seal is very loose when slipping it on the hub . now this thing is leaking very bad , like a quart every 5 mins or so .
what do you guys think ?

·
F-150 Member
141 Posts
How is the the front pump bushing?? If it is allowing the convertor to move around the seal will leak. Also, are you sure it is the seal?? Maybe the pump [pump to case] or convertor itself.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well turns out it was the bushing , it spun the bushing right out of the pump into the seal .
new pump from ford was 216.00$
all is well , have been driving it for a week or so now with no problems .

·
F-150 Member
141 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed. And that it wasn't a super expensive part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have 1993 f150 with a 302 and a e4od evrything worked fine intel all i did was back the tranny back so i could pull oil pan off to replace pump bolt tranny back up i have no gears and no fluid is being pumped what so ever through the lines i cant even get it to leak but now when i tried getting it to work when i put it in gear the idel gets very high but in park and nuetral its normal could it be the torque converter

·
Registered
833 Posts
garygary- it sounds like you didn't re-seat the torque convertor all the way. You should be able to run a ruler from one edge of the bellhousing across to the other side and still have space before it touches the torque converter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts