Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey the plastic surround around the dodgy lookin rubber boot has cracked.. which leads me to think what alternatives there are..

the EBGT came with a leather boot yeh??

can i see pics if anyone's got something other than the black jelly pyramid??

and where yo ugot it?????

ta.

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
I got my gt gear boot from ford, cost $19.50 from memory. As for the plastic surround, I think ford still sell em, but they will be pricey, best off trying a wrecker.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Anyone got any pics of one of these boots? I'm intrigued.

Thanks
Donno

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
I can tell you right now that wreckers will be a waste of time for the plastic surround. Most of them are screwed by now anyway, and the rest are usually retained to sell as part of a conversion.
Ask Auscarnager, I think he got a genuine EF GT leather boot from Ford for like $20 or so. I don't know if it'll fit an ED-style surround though.

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
The ed gt (which I have) fits all ea through to ed manual consols. It just replaces the rubber boot. I have the part number if anyone wants it.

·
wanting 6 gears!
633 Posts
Low Na can ya give us the part number ? My manual is the same the boot (dumb rubber looking thing) and the bit square bit at the bottom is cracked. I got an EA so this GT boot and bit of souround plastic at the bottom will fit?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, Low Na can you give us the part number?

I've taken a look at aftermarket leather boots, but none of them would fit the EA. :(

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
The part number for the boot is either EDTVE 7277 A or EDTVE 7727 A (cant remember which way round it goes). The boot only replaces the rubber part, NOT the plastic part at the bottom. As for aftermarket boots, I looked at them, but they were all upwards of $30, and wouldnt have fitted as well as the genuine one.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Noice.....
You should make a sideline selling them!

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice work TIKFD6. if you made a bunch of them you'd very quickly find homes for em.

yeh i was just gonna glue the plastic base back together with araldite or plain old superglue anyway..

but its the jelly pyramid i really wanna get rid of. it stinks of early 90s.

·
khellooo!!
163 Posts
yeh making the plastic bottom looks awesome, mines cracked too
id try it meself but i havent got a string sewing machine!!

ohh cmon guys, the rubber boot isnt THAT bad! :angel:

·
TQE FAIRMONT GHIA
457 Posts
Low Na said:
The part number for the boot is either EDTVE 7277 A or EDTVE 7727 A (cant remember which way round it goes). The boot only replaces the rubber part, NOT the plastic part at the bottom. As for aftermarket boots, I looked at them, but they were all upwards of $30, and wouldnt have fitted as well as the genuine one.
yeh the part number is EDTVE7727a

1 - 15 of 15 Posts