Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently looking at prices for ea - eb fairmonts and giahs

i wont have any sort of money until next year (probably late next year) but for now i am just looking at prices for something to aim for

my brother has already offered me his eaII fairmont giah for 3 grand in 12 months time but i am very reluctant to purchase that, even though its on gas and he has the engine built for gas, and has a new transmission, it had been in 2 major accidents whilst in his possesion (he bought it in mid 1996), and one of those accidents required the left hand front chassis/a-piller/some of the roof to be cut out and replaced, also has many scrathces/minor dents as well as broken bumper clips, handles like a shopping cart (but hey, what ea with standard suspension doesnt??) and has poor acceleration (once again a prob most/all standard ea's have)

i am after an ea or eb fairmont or giah, prefferably with leather if its an eb but not nessassary, not a v8 (insurance would be a bitch) but must have the 4 speed auto (not the 3 speed)

roughly how much would i be looking at for such a vehicle?

or would i be better taking my bro up on that offer?

thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Going from the description of that EA Ghia, (I assume if the exterior is beaten up so would be the interior?) it would be worth say $1500-2k. Even less in a year

Oh and an EB Fairmont has the same features as an EA Fairmont Ghia.

In a years time you should be able to pick up a decent EBII/ED Ghia for $5k?

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the interior of my bros ea is in perfect condiiton, it is well maintained, when ever something goes wrong he gets it fixed straight away, but i am more worried of the permenant damage due to the crashes

the body isnt all that bad, there is few minor dints but a fair few scratches, and some broken bumper clips

by the way thanks for that :)

·
Improvise-Adapt-Overcome
231 Posts
vkcalais202 said:
but must have the 4 speed auto
if you must... the manual box is outa the question too. Sorry.

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never really thought of going manual, to be honest i didnt think they came out in manual variations,

dunno why, i spose because the ea's didnt have a v8.....

i spose a manual isnt outta the question

·
8 cylinder symphony
1,348 Posts
I think snafu is sayin that they didn't make any manual ghia's, so even if you did want one, the only way to get it would be by doin a conversion.

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops....sorry mate lol

must be more tired than i thought :1poke:

ive seen a few manual ea giahs in the trading post, although they could have been a conversion but the rest of the cars were completley standard :shrug:

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
hot_eb said:
I think snafu is sayin that they didn't make any manual ghia's, so even if you did want one, the only way to get it would be by doin a conversion.
there were a fair few manual EA Ghias although they are quite a collectors dream holding their value well (i thnik they are still round the 6/7 k mark)

·
Ford Anti B&S Squad
400 Posts
They did make manual EA Fairmont Ghias in both series 1 and 2.
I asked a ford service rep and he said some were made but it was the same as the VR and VS Acclaim , where auto came as the standard with the car where as the falcon came with manual standard and auto as a option. I have seen a couple for sale in the tradng post and in car yards.

·
Registered
92 Posts
manual fairmonts

there is a manual ea fairmont in todays sunday times, by memory i think its $4000, or $5000 with warranty

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well my decision is made :D

after hard thought i decided to take my bros car for a drive (i havent driven it in about 6 months)

i am going to buy my bros ea!!!!

he has spent a shitload of money on it over these months

its got brand new suspension and brakes

it handles so freaking good and the brakes are just unbeleivable

its got a very nice ride, not to hard, not to soft

it needs a new bonnet and some bumperclips then a cut & polish and its all good :)

inside it needs new carpets but other than that its all perfect (i know in my first post i said the whole interior was in perfect condition but lke i said, i havent seen the car is 6 months)

it also has a dual battery setup (one in the boot)

the only thing i am worried about is the stereo restrictions because of the gas tank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts