Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EA fitted with Parnell Gas conversion and it has been cutting out both to and from work for the past month.It will restart after a minute or two and I can drive the rest of the journey home.
I have replaced the main power relay and I am not sure if the fault it is LPG related as it cut out on petrol also.Any one else had this problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks "athol35" for the advice, as you can see I was overwelmed by the response to my problem.I put a new module in on Saturday with plenty of heat sink paste and have been driving it for 4-days so I think that was the probelm.After putting the new module in I checked the fault codes and kept getting "42" until I realised that I should have it on petrol and the fault 42 dissappeared.The old module heat paste had dried up and the screws were not that tight maybe some new paste would have fixed it.

·
ford is king
169 Posts
good to hear,,once it gets to the point of stalling the motor a new dizzy is the only option because the module is to far gone.

the funny thing is with them is they can stuff up two or three times then you never have a problem again, or they just keep stuffing up.

we had an xf that did it once in 8 years,it still had the same dizzy when i sold it three years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts