Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is one for sale in a fawkner car yard and i just want to know if anyone has some specs on it. and also how many were made. i know it had big gold simmonds mags and this one is black.
thanks.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Dunno any specs but it holds the top speed record while towing a Caravan with a speed of 204kmh. Wonder where they got the 6 speed from back then? Maybe the Corvette?:confused:

·
Australian xr8 Member
82 Posts
Three speed and split diff? Or two three speeds together lol:CraZ: :CraZ: :?: :?:

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Martin said:
Dunno any specs but it holds the top speed record while towing a Caravan with a speed of 204kmh. Wonder where they got the 6 speed from back then? Maybe the Corvette?:confused:
Hmm i saw the same car at Melbourne Auto Salon and i could have sworn it was red / burgundy colored?

Must have got resprayed - I think I have some pics somewhere .. will post them if i have....

Jase

N

·
0 Posts
C'mon broomy!!;)

THe car in question was kitted By AVO. it WAS NOT factory released turbo. the car is at a yard called WAGON WHEEL MOTORS(who mainly deal with V8's) the car i flogged to hell and back. it has been in a few mags. the yard owners wont start the car unless you wave money under their nose.(mainly cause it needs a lot of work)

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kitted by AVO from the factory??? coz ive seen one or two in the trading post over the years that say FACTORY TURBO. just like some XE's were FACTORY TURBO.

·
Registered
158 Posts
any of you guys have info on the XE factory turbo? I know there was one from the factory as i have some inlet pipes for an x-flow turbo and it has the ford symbol on it.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
umm, might be worth doing a search on it.
i'm pretty sure it was talked about, this thread is 2 years old :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts