Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
As Sober as Steve Bracks
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Once the EA is back on the road, im thinking on changing the instrument cluster over from the original digital EA fairmont ghia to the EB fairmont ghia... Is this a hard process? Also, does anyone have a picture of an EB Fairmont Ghia instrument cluster?? please post it if you do!

Thanks

Brad

·
Death to Camry's!
1,375 Posts
Err, what is the point of changing the EA Fairmont Ghia cluster to an EB one? or an ED one for that matter? They are all the same, apart from the EBII and ED ones having a light for smart lock on them?!

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
My EB2 ghia has the 6 guage cluster.... I think the LWB models only got the digital dash in EB series. if the car you got it from is pre 10/92 then it wont have a smartlock light, and itll have the power light if its from an auto. Perhaps you could hook the power light up to run when you are at WOT ??

·
Death to Camry's!
1,375 Posts
Ah yes, i was wondering about that, because a few EB fairmonts ive seen have the 6 guage dash, i like that dash, haha ah well i stand corrected

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
My understanding:

The EB Fairmont Ghia replaced the digital dash with the EA S-style analogue dials. The EB Fairmont did the opposite and went from analogue to digital, only to return to analogue with the EB series II. By this stage, the only models with the digital instruments were the Fairlanes and LTDs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts