Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ea fairmont ghia boot garnish,VGC,70 dollars...ea door trims x4 , grey velour[like ghia],fairlane inserts [not woodgrain type], suit manual window winders, 40 dollars the lot...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Where are you located?
This stuff will probably be sold by the time i get out of bed :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
lukeh said:
ea fairmont ghia boot garnish,VGC,70 dollars...ea door trims x4 , grey velour[like ghia],fairlane inserts [not woodgrain type], suit manual window winders, 40 dollars the lot...

Any chance of pics (of the trime etc). Think l know which ones you have but would rather be sure than stuff you around.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have access to a digital camera or picture scanner ... So sorry , I can't post any pic's . They are the same light grey material as EA Fairmont Ghia , However they are to suit manual window winders instead of electric !!! The Inserts are from a Fairlane , I cannot remember the pattern , but I think I saw some the same in series 3 NA Fairlane . The inserts can easily be changed to most other designs available by bending some tabs on the inside of the trim . They are in okay condition ....but just need a slight clean . Also , they are to suit central locking , though standard EA plastic lock knobs can easily be modified simple grinding to fit ... my friend did this on his Series 1 EA when he fitted Series 2 EB Trims , and it worked no problem ..... I have revised the prices of these parts to $30-Dollars for the set of door trims... and $50 Dollars for the EA Fairmont Ghia Boot Garnish !!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously Guy's , I am practically giving this stuff away !!! EA Fairmont Ghia Boot Garnish $40 Dollars .....and I will take $20 Dollars for the Door trims !!! Don't be fooled by the prices ... these parts are in very good condition , But I am desperately trying to finish off another project !!!! Thanx

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Garnish in Good Nick then it is sold :0) ....... you have PM

·
Registered
2 Posts
lukeh said:
Seriously Guy's , I am practically giving this stuff away !!! EA Fairmont Ghia Boot Garnish $40 Dollars .....and I will take $20 Dollars for the Door trims !!! Don't be fooled by the prices ... these parts are in very good condition , But I am desperately trying to finish off another project !!!! Thanx

Am very interested mate, PM for you in regards to this.

·
Registered
434 Posts
SOLD< DOOR TRIMS ARE MINE. if u still got them

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
I fitted the garnish last night, it looks so much better the the old one, I have a series 1 EA, and this one must have been of a series 2 EA, as there were a few subtle differences, nothing to stop it fitting though.

Jason

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Difference where that the garnish had only 4 bolts to hold it in, the series one has 6, i just unscrewed 2 and added them to series 2 garnish before fitting.
The lenses for the bulbs are different, then sereis 1 are just clear, the series 2 are shaped to spread the light more evenly and also have a frosted part where the globe would otherwise shine right into your eyes as you open the boot with the parkers on.

Just small differences I noticed, they look the same otherwise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts